Jack's n00b show

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
That's the Dawn Of The Dead cover they did, as I recall

jack

Elrod said:
Yes, I did.

Good, next week's show is going to be a Tribute to Jay Shanik.

jack

The late bass player for Traction. He died last year at age 53. Luckily, we recorded pretty much everything we ever performed together, about 40 finished hours of music.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Incredible stuff Jack, A true eclectic. Just brilliant.

Great choice of opening track, I haven't heard that for years - I really am not impressed by much on the internet - but that was inspired.

I will have to hate you with a vengeance on the open forums to make up for this fanboy post.

jack

Fear! Didn't they get yanked off SNL?

Their most famous performance was on the 1981 Halloween episode of Saturday Night Live hosted by Donald Pleasence. The band was booked at the insistence of John Belushi who was a huge fan. Belushi initially offered them the soundtrack for his major motion picture Neighbors. The movie studio eventually forced Fear off the project and to make up for it Belushi got them the spot on SNL. Among the politically incorrect nature of Fear's songs, the band's appearance included a coterie of dancers, several of whom had been contacted for the event by both Penelope Spheeris (another avid Fear booster) and Henry Rollins (contrary to popular belief however, he was not at the taping himself); among them were Belushi, Ian MacKaye, Harley Flannagan of The Cro-mags, and John Brannon of Negative Approach, causing destruction of the set. During rehearsals the director wanted to prevent the dancers from participating, so Belushi offered to be in the episode (it had been many years since he left SNL) if the dancers were allowed to stay. [2] The end result was the banning of all punk acts for a decade, and the eventual shortening of Fear's appearance on TV. The songs they performed were "I don't care about you," "Beef Baloney," "New York's Alright...If You Like Saxophones," and as the band begins to play "Let's Have a War" the audio and video fade into commercial. Historical moments were Lee singing "f**k you" away from the microphone, saying it's great to be in New Jersey (the audience booed), and the band saying New Yorkers were "homosexuals."

jack

But, I don't remember them being "yanked".

jack

I've been working with the manual a bunch, and just figured out how to do "sound on sound" and fade ins and outs. This software is pretty complete. So, I've started work on next weeks show already, and hope to smooth out all the kinks. These first two forays were just experiments, but I'm glad they were enjoyed as much as they seem to have been. It's very encouraging.

Next week will be an all original half hour, featuring my experimental acid jazz fusion project "Traction". Hope it rocks your socks.

jack

So, I'm having fun. I may be hooking up with a Commie DJ, and that may be awesome.

jack said:
Their most famous performance was on the 1981 Halloween episode of Saturday Night Live hosted by Donald Pleasence. The band was booked at the insistence of John Belushi who was a huge fan. Belushi initially offered them the soundtrack for his major motion picture Neighbors. The movie studio eventually forced Fear off the project and to make up for it Belushi got them the spot on SNL. Among the politically incorrect nature of Fear's songs, the band's appearance included a coterie of dancers, several of whom had been contacted for the event by both Penelope Spheeris (another avid Fear booster) and Henry Rollins (contrary to popular belief however, he was not at the taping himself); among them were Belushi, Ian MacKaye, Harley Flannagan of The Cro-mags, and John Brannon of Negative Approach, causing destruction of the set. During rehearsals the director wanted to prevent the dancers from participating, so Belushi offered to be in the episode (it had been many years since he left SNL) if the dancers were allowed to stay. [2] The end result was the banning of all punk acts for a decade, and the eventual shortening of Fear's appearance on TV. The songs they performed were "I don't care about you," "Beef Baloney," "New York's Alright...If You Like Saxophones," and as the band begins to play "Let's Have a War" the audio and video fade into commercial. Historical moments were Lee singing "f**k you" away from the microphone, saying it's great to be in New Jersey (the audience booed), and the band saying New Yorkers were "homosexuals."
Crazy... I didn't realize Ian MacKaye was there. I guess they got "yanked" after the show. :D

jack

So Cow...we were using "esnips" back then for storage and linking. Do you remember those formats?

What a cool bump.

jack

This stuff was great fun. Once someone heard the show they got hooked and wanted to do one too.

Good times.

jack

up top

jack

MMMMM, someone is "jealous"

:bigass:

jack

:bigass:

Last edited: