Jade Goody: The Musical is in the works

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
A musical based on Jade Goody's life is being created, a former business partner and friend of the late reality TV star has confirmed.

Danny Hayward, who is in charge of the project, said he is planning to hold open auditions to fill the lead role of the 27-year-old herself.

"Jade was just an ordinary girl and the person who plays her will reflect that," he said.

"The most important thing is to give someone a break, just like she got."

'Dream'

He said dates for the auditions will be announced in three weeks' time.

However, Goody's former publicist Max Clifford played down the show.

"It's an idea that's got legs, but it's nothing definite. It's not all signed and sealed, but it's something that's likely to happen."

He added that if the production did go ahead he would help promote it and cast the lead roles.

"I got very close with Jade in the last year and spent a lot of time with her," he said.

Earlier this month, Clifford revealed he had been in talks with several film companies about making a movie based on Goody.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8014126.stm

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I thought this was a parody and was waiting for it to get funny. :(

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Let's see how they work the word cancer into a jovial song.

Can we revive her, and kill her again, if possible?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Some people want to laugh and sing,
some want to be a dancer,
some get famous on tv,
then go and die of cancer

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
'Norton and Barrowman squabble over Jade show hosting'

In the wake of hit Saturday night talent competitions 'Any Dream Will Do', 'I'd Do Anything' and 'Okay, But I Won't Swallow' the BBC is looking to search for a lucky 20-something to play the late national heroine Jade Goody in a new West End musical based on her life.

Under the working title 'But Can You See My Kebab?' the 12 week show is planned to go in to production this summer, but controversy has already begun. The BBC's top prime-time poofs Graham Norton and John Barrowman have reportedly come to blows over who will host the show.

"I just wish they'd kiss and make up, I rreaaaaaallllly do", said Morrison's shopper Denise van Houten.

The cracks in the relationship began to show when Barrowman wore Norton's favourite sparkly satin trousers on last Saturday's "Tonight's the Night". BBC bosses are hoping to resolve the issue at a crisis camp tomorrow evening. Speaking to a group of journalists this morning a spokesperson said "We just want to put an end to this before it overshadows the real point of this show, the celebration of a fantastic woman who's given inspiration to racist single mothers all over the world".

Andrew Lloyd Webber's reanimated corpse was unavailable for comment.

CaptainWacky

BBC should take a chance on letting the Chuckle Brothers host a primetime Saturday night show.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
They'll have to man down! (as opposed to manning up)

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
BBC should take a chance on letting the Chuckle Brothers host a primetime Saturday night show.

Yes, one where they suddenly gun down Norton & Barrowman in the middle of it, and then carry on hosting without any explanation.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
I heard Tom Hanks wants the lead role, so he can combine his Bosom Buddies and Philadelphia experiences.

CaptainWacky

For the beautiful boys, yes.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
And Jack Tweed will carry out a hit on anyone for five grand, so long as they're close enough that he can get back to his mum's house before 7.

CaptainWacky

When is this happening?