Joss say uk bluray no way I talk eh

whisky

Boobie inspector
So basically american blurays and DVDs get a directors comentary, we dont.

Which pretty much sucks donkey balls.

Also the US version is not region free.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Seems like an odd decision.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
These people are total morons. It's bad enough that they do this with games to the point that you need a bloody flow diagram to figure out which option to pick, but now they're gonna be complaining when people download the conveniently packaged COMPLETE version that'll be on torrent sites within a day of the release, rather than bothering to buy EITHER legal copy.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Maybe. The sad thing is that they will still make bucket loads from it because most people will just accept a shoddy release.

CaptainWacky

Will any store have an exclusive special feature where a note pops up in screen teling you if Scarlett Johansson's breasts were taped down or not in the current scene?

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
It’s perhaps unfortunate that the censorship hullabaloo follows on from the disappearance of Joss Whedon’s commentary track from the UK disc, which has similarly rankled fans: 'That was a bit of a bugger,' admits Rodrigues. 'Our DLT (Digital Linear Tape, required to replicate the disc) had to be delivered one month earlier than that required for the US pressing. So we missed out. We wanted it too.'
http://www.homecinemachoice.com/new...ray-censorship-row-disney-uk-speaks-out/13225

Oh but I'm sure they'll release a special edition at some point with it o-

So is the Whedon commentary ever going to surface in the UK, maybe as part of a special edition release? 'That’s been the subject of heated debate here (at Disney UK),' says Lydia Rodrigues, 'but we don’t think we can really ask fans who have bought this version to buy another just to obtain the commentary. So at the moment we are thinking it won’t be released. We also know that hardcore fans with Blu-ray players are probably going to end up buying the US release which has the commentary. The American Blu-ray is region-free.' The Disney spokesperson says she knows the UK will take a hit on sales, but it’s better than asking fans to double dip: 'We don’t think we can ask people to buy both versions.'

Ugh.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Considering they were planning on copying gaming strategies already, how about a commentary DLC?

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
It might be possible with Blu-Ray live, maybe. But that would cost them money to do and they don't want to do that!

Also note that in that interview they claim that the UK cinema release was edited like the Blu-Ray is, even though everyone who saw it (and the BBFC) say otherwise!

CaptainWacky

Squirrel Girl might have been happy about Disney buying Marvel, BUT I'M NOT.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Came very close to ordering the american bluray last night, but at 21 quid including P&P its a bit steep just to get the version we should have got in this country anyway, and probably will at some point in the future.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Sainsbury's and Tesco probably paid Disney a lot of money to do it so I don't think they care!

Not how it works really.

Tesco say - we own 10% of all sales of DVD's in the country, WHAT IS OUR EXCLUSIVE YOU TWAT

Sainsbury says we own 5% of the DVD market, and it would be awfully nice of you to give us an exclusive, or we might not list all your other titles. Terribly sorry, but that is the way the market is working I am afraid.

Asda say - Right lad, we own 10% of the market but we want the LOWEST FUCKIN PRICE YOU CAN GIVE US. Frankly, we couldn't give a toss about about any content, as long as it's not in Taiwanese.

Cody

Squirrel Girl might have been happy about Disney buying Marvel, BUT I'M NOT.

Oh yay, we're going to have left wing feminist donut punching superhero's in a few months.

yeah time to quit collecting new comics @jack

why the fuck can't we tag people in threads here? that's so much fun...

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
^I stopped collecting comics around the WWHulk/Marvel Zombies/Green Lantern Corps arcs. Lately I've been downloading digiscans of the originals. Bought a terabyte drive to store it all

CaptainWacky