Just re-watched SW:Ep3 and I noticed something

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
OMFG, Im watching it on Spike right now, and I thought THE EXACT SAME THING.

Lucas, call your lawyers: Cameron's going DOWN.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Also, Obi-Wan was a dick not to make sure Anakin wuz dead-dead.

WHO CARES IF THE 4th-6th CHAPSIES WOULDNT HAVE EXISTED!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I've had the trilogy on TV pretty much all day, but I didn't sit down and watch for real until III got going.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I thought the same last time the Order 66 scene was posted on here (I think it was Wacky in the top 100 scenes thread).

I might've liked the prequels more if one of them had been set on that planet instead of dusty sinkhole planets and inside palaces.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Well no, he started writing Episode I in about 1994 or so, and he only finished the final draft to Episode III on the plane to Australia to start shooting.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
So, the whole idea that he had all 6 chapters outlined from the beginning, as well as possibly chaps 7-9--was this all the product of drooling fanboy gossip?

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Sort of kind of.

The original script was one long script that was (basicly) what we know as episodes IV to VI. The differances being that it only had one Death Star, Obi-Wan survived the first film, and Leia wasn't Luke's sister.

After Lucas decides to only make the first third of that huge script into Episode IV and deal with the other 2/3rds later, he steals the ending from the big script and sticks it on to that one (which is why Episode IV and VI both end with a Death Star battle).

Now as ESB is getting made Lucas still isn't sure how many films he wants to make, and he thinks he might made episodes VII-IX after this trilogy. Leia still isn't defined as Luke's sister (otherwise he wouldn't've kissed her) and the "other" Yoda spoke of would've been somone else that popped up in Episode VII. By the time RotJ pops up he knows for sure that this is the last film, so Leia becomes Luke's sister and we finally meet the Emperor and everything's wrapped up.

Of course then he wants to do the prequel trilogy, but he knows that the effect technology isn't up to spec to what he needs to do it (as he was already developing what would be Corucant for RotJ but scrapped it because of these effects limitations).

So he basically bides his time, doing little experiments into CGI technology with things like the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles and Radioland Murders. Eventually when he sees Jurassic Park he realises that the technology is there to make the prequel trilogy so he starts working on them, with the Special Editions of the Original Trilogy being made both to test out the CGI techniques the prequels would use and to get the Star Wars hype back up.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
YOU KNOW THINGS. YOU CAN MAKE OUR SHIP GO!

CaptainWacky

GOOD POST TOMTREK

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Tomtrek backs up his brain every night to a cloud server.
ibm-cloud-computing-server.jpg

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
And turn us into Trachtenbergobots.

CaptainWacky

I really don't want Tomtrek to turn me into a Trachtenbergobot.