karma whoring thread for Vitriol and Riotgear

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I would like to request a showering of love for our new friends from ootikof Vitriol and Riotgear. I have it on good authority their presence here is legit this time, and would like to extend a welcoming hand to them. Vit and RG this is your thread; post here for karma whoring.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I asked nicely...

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
I'm here. Looks like for good. I hate to say it publically but, I like this place. My secret is safe right? You guys won't tell anybody?

Conchaga- Im a n00b. I know. And I'm cool with that. Gotta start somewhere. And Im cool with that.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
So we're supposed to like you now? Thats cool. If Donovan says your cool then you must be.

I have no expectation or sense of entitlement. I just want a place to kick back amongst friends, combatants and equals.

If we decide we like each other cool. If not, well, sometimes that happens. Believe it or not, there are quite a few people who don't like me. I know, I was shocked too. But I think I'm going to live.

I'll do my part.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
My policy is, if you act like a fuckwit, I'll treat you like a fuckwit.

Otherwise, welcome to TK. Make yourself at home.

Cookies and gambling in the Tea Room. Bitching and moaning in QSF (expect to be ignored). Absolute randomness and silliness in The Mine Field. The Badlands is just an X-rated version of The Mine Field, with a bit more blatant spam. You can do pretty much anything you want in this forum, just make sure you keep it within the TOS, or you'll end up in Daycare with cupcakeers, Furries, and Fighting Arabs.

Finally, worship Mentalist, as he is the lord and master of this site.

That's all you need to know.

VITRIOL

My policy is, if you act like a fuckwit, I'll treat you like a fuckwit.

Deal.

Seriously, I just like to argue. I enjoy exchanging barbed quips with people who know better than to take it (or themselves) seriously. My default manner is sarcastic, with a smidgeon of snide.

Can I turn it off? Certainly. And sometimes do.
But generally speaking I'm going to be a contrary bastard, although not maliciously so. I leave it to you to decide whether or not that describes a "fuckwit".

Is this where we hug, or is that asking a bit much at this point?

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I have no expectation or sense of entitlement. I just want a place to kick back amongst friends, combatants and equals.

If we decide we like each other cool. If not, well, sometimes that happens. Believe it or not, there are quite a few people who don't like me. I know, I was shocked too. But I think I'm going to live.

I'll do my part.

Well I'm a bit of a sheep/follower sometimes so if a majority of my online friends vouch for you I'm most likely not going to speak ill of you even if we aren't friends ourselves.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Deal.

Seriously, I just like to argue. I enjoy exchanging barbed quips with people who know better than to take it (or themselves) seriously. My default manner is sarcastic, with a smidgeon of snide.

Can I turn it off? Certainly. And sometimes do.
But generally speaking I'm going to be a contrary bastard, although not maliciously so. I leave it to you to decide whether or not that describes a "fuckwit".

Is this where we hug, or is that asking a bit much at this point?

Then you came to the right place. We all likes to argue. Some of us create numerous duals just so we can argue with ourselves. Some of us push shopping carts down the street so we can argue with god and no one will notice.

Yup, we likes to argue...

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Excellent.
I have had an eye on the Philosophers board... I'll probably be spending a fair amount of time there.

You ain't gonna post daily Nietzche are ya? Cuz we got a guy does that already, and it's fuckin annoying. (kidding Gear, go ahead and post that batshit. Bout time the philosopher section got some love...)

VITRIOL

You ain't gonna post daily Nietzche are ya?

I doubt I'll be posting a daily anything... hate to spoil a good topic or rant with too much repetition, ya know?

Personally I found the Nietzche posts interesting, but I haven't actually studied him the way 'Gear has. Most if not all of those quotes were new to me. Batshit crazy he may have been, but there's no denying he saw the world and humanity through fewer filters than most people. Maybe seeing too clearly is what drove him insane... there are days I can easily believe something like that happening.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
I doubt I'll be posting a daily anything... hate to spoil a good topic or rant with too much repetition, ya know?

Personally I found the Nietzche posts interesting, but I haven't actually studied him the way 'Gear has. Most if not all of those quotes were new to me. Batshit crazy he may have been, but there's no denying he saw the world and humanity through fewer filters than most people. Maybe seeing too clearly is what drove him insane... there are days I can easily believe something like that happening.

It probably wasn't syphilis as some (probably deists) suggested. His symptoms were more consistant with a meningioma. A type of brain tumor.

I had to check, him being my hero and all.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
You ain't gonna post daily Nietzche are ya? Cuz we got a guy does that already, and it's fuckin annoying. (kidding Gear, go ahead and post that batshit. Bout time the philosopher section got some love...)

Don't want to be accused of being a one trick pony. Besides, some dude gave me a bunch of hero worship shit about it.

My feeling got hurt.

VITRIOL

It probably wasn't syphilis as some (probably deists) suggested.

Maybe they got him confused with Capone?

I know it's a stretch, but we are talking about theists.
Leaping blindly to unsupported and even ridiculous conclusions is just what they do.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
Okay, I'll hop on the bandwagon. I can't help but appreciate anyone who can get over themselves for the benefit of all, and I think you two will be a wecome addition. And I hope you can inject some life into Armchair Philosophers --god knows many have tried & failed, and it may simply be that this particular board-culture doesn't stoke those kinds of furnace-flames the way others do, but definitely give it a shot.

If lengthy arguments are your bag, especially on political/philosophical issues, the guy whose attention you want to grab is The Saint. I recommend combing the archives for some of his lengthier treatises, just to get his flavor down.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Arch speaks the truth. When I first came here it was the philosopher's section that drew me, and The Saint with a few others. I remember one discussion we had over the course of a week debating the exact point at which a dead body becomes dead. I loved that. I think I ended up backing someone into a corner where they had to admit a decapitated body was still alive or acknowledge the existence of a soul. Good times.

Oh yeah he was called the Question then. In case you decide to look him up. And if you see the thread where he says he is showing his penis, don't click the spoiler tag. Just....don't.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
This love fest is making me sick. Time to pull out my hate-on and start strokin' it.

This is a karma whoring thread to give our new friends karma to play in the arcade. You wanna fight, gotta go to speak freely. Ask for Sarek...he's usually willing to turn the hose on you...