OMG - taking forever.
Going to get AAA too.

Little bit of panic setting in.
There has been that "voice" I could call -
a person would answer -
send updates to my car -
take me to where I want to go.
Could call them if I locked the keys in the car -
only did that once - they unlocked the doors via satellite.
They always know where I am even when I don't!

But, Onstar is going the way of all things - automatic.
No longer a person finding my location, sending directions to my car.
No longer willing to pay $31 a month to talk to a machine.

Going to cut that tether.
It will be okay.
I drove for many years without Onstar and drove all over the United States.
I can do this.
I can.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Ugh Onstar. I have my Garamin nuvi. Dont need anything else, it does EVERYTHING including call for help if you need it. AAnd screw AAA G. Pay the xtra 4 bucks a month on your insurance for roadside protection. It pays triple a 3rd party.

srs. Spend the 25 on something nice for yourself.

NaughtE

Marry me, $M Gayboy!
Thanks for the tip. I'll look into my insurance about the roadside assistance. I may already have it as I have everything on my car insurance.

Tried out the Magellan on the way to pick up my daughter earlier today. It is a familiar route so I wouldn't get too messed up if the gps device didn't work out for me. It set out a different route than I would normally go - through the airport - cost me $1 to go through it the first time, $2 to come back through it - but saved me alot of time and took me a better route than through all the construction going on on the highways I usually take. Still have to tweak it - change the time so the ETA will be right, finish updating the maps, add in my favorite out of town places, etc. Learn how to use all the functions. Think it will work out okay.

I am gellin' like Magellan. Thank you, Dr. Scholls!