Maybe Andy Murray would win if he smiled more

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
WORTH A TRY

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
No offence to you, Wacky, but as the adage in this part of the nation goes, he's British when he wins, and Scottish when he loses.

It's hard to actually think of a top tennis player more devoid of personality than Andy Murray. His petulance and ability to whine when the chips are down are quite exceptional. I think he'd win more if he had BIONIC ARMS THAT COULD EXTEND TO A WIDTH OF 40 FEET.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I've always liked Djokovic more anyway. He's entertaining on the court and seems like a really friendly, well rounded bloke off of it. I like sports men and women who actually seem like nice human beings.

Crazy that he's 23, though. I thought he was nearing 30. Seems to have been around for forever.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I have to say that I prefer SEVE KNEES, the Spanish player, who has a body odour so offensive, all potential opponents are driven from the court before play begins, thus ensuring TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Andy Murray has sold his soul to Leo Sayer to ensure his success. This does mean he is an incomprehensible grumpy git though, however, we are all waiting for the time he finally wins a major title and does that funny fingers gesture favoured by Leo.

He will then RUN FROM THE CROWD SHOUTING "TOLD YOU ALL YOU FUCKERS"

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I watched the match live this morning (3:30AM-6:30AM in my area) I was rooting for Andy because he was the one with the pronounceable/spellable name. But when one of the announcers said that he doesn't have a coach, I thought DUH NO WONDER YOU'RE TANKING AND ARE CONSIDERED SECOND TIER. Get a coach and find a good woman/man to round out your life, boy.

This just in: I still worship RAFA.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
He does have a girlfriend (and she's English, which is his best defense against all the "grr, he hateses England!!!" claims). Didn't know he didn't have a coach, though. That must be very unusual for a pro.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I thought his mum was his coach or something creepy like that.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Don't coaches give pep talks in the changing rooms? Eww.

"Are you decent, son, or shall I encourage you later?"

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I captioned a bit of Li Na's post-game interview after she won the semi-finals, and she was hysterical. Lots of personality there.

Doing a post-game interview with Andy Murray makes my skin crawl.