Mental time travel, Dianetics, and other delights...

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. As a Catholic, I've managed to be Christian and live a half century without actually reading the Holy Bible. It's a Catholic thing. Anyways, I decided to remedy this and finally soldiered through the New Testament. (I'm in Genesis now. Before Peter Gabriel left.) Anyhow...

I kind of feel like the Gospels, while wildly redundant and in need of editing (more on this later, maybe) and Acts of the Apostles are on the verge of something great. Like God thought Man was ready for the next level but misjudged by, like, 2,000-3,000 years. Paul and the rest is an attempt to patch up this mistake that fails horribly, but that's another story.

My point is, the Gospels etc, seem to imply humans can do miraculous things if they believe enough and clench the right muscles. So I think about time travel.

No, not getting in a phone booth or anything. But you can remember things. If you remembered hard enough, could you go back in your life to inhabit your body in that moment in time? What are the ramifications?

What happens to your, say, 1996 consciousness when 2019 you elbows its way into your meatspace? What happens with your body while you're off monkeying about with your past?

This kind of touches back to my tendency to realize I'm dreaming, but continue to follow the rules of the dream rather than deflect bullets or fly or fuck the prom queen.

Say you figure out how to put your current self into your past life. That's a hell of a branfather paradox (and temptation) to change things. Obviously, you can't. Because. Reasons. But the temptation.

So. There's that then. Manhattans are wonderful. Brandy. Bourbon. Scotch. They pick you up but mellow you out. Be a whisky achiever.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
This message brought to you by Deep Thoughts and the smell of flesh and soap on my hand, bringing me back to Dr. Tempesta's dentist chair, before AIDs, when dentists didn't wear rubber gloves. But washed their hands a lot.