Mine Field Celebrity Deathday Thread

Mirah

I love you
I'm still in the process of watching the documentary.
I've been thinking, "what if I was in a crowd of comedians, and I got dared to do this joke, how would I do it?" I don't think I could. But I figured out how I would start it out.
I walk into a church to confess and I say, "Bless me father for I have sinned" and the father asks what happened and I tell him. "I went into a talent agency with my family...."

Not once did I hear anyone bring in religion.

Mirah

I love you
When I saw the announcement about Louie Anderson my first thought was, "He was still alive?"
: (
Who am I getting him mixed up with?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Howard Hesseman: 81 RIP

howard_hesseman-photofest-h_2019.jpg

272953533_10159634087710470_1851118999756441518_n.jpg

Last edited:

jack

That sucks. He was my favorite character on the show.

That series was a weekly TV treat for me. Hippies on drugs. Big titty blondes. Clueless straight guys. FUN!

Loni-Anderson-In-WKRP-Cincinnati.jpg

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Mirah

I love you
I could have sworn that name was a common name my family used to say, but maybe it is only because I had an uncle Ivan.
And when I look up his movies-besides ghostbusters, they weren't common movies my family saw or talked about.

Also it is fucking sad to hear more details about Bob Sagets unfortunate death. Holy shit. He fucking banged his head hard at some point, then went to bed and died. I mean wtf, and no one knows when or where the fuck he hit his head.
I recll hitting my head once and had some people come and check on me during the night and in the morning. I was fine.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Didn't that happen to Cilla Black.

jack

Mark Lanegan, 57. RIP

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I just watched The Big Chill the other day...

William Hurt Dies: Oscar-Winning Actor For ‘Kiss Of The Spider Woman’ Was 71

By Bruce Haring
March 13, 2022 1:40pm

William Hurt, who often played a quiet intellectual in his earlier acting roles, but also later appeared in science fiction and Marvel films, has died just a week before his 72nd birthday.

William Hurt’s son, Will, posted today that his father has died. It was announced in May 2018 that the elder Hurt had terminal prostate cancer that had spread to the bone. “It is with great sadness that the Hurt family mourns the passing of William Hurt, beloved father and Oscar winning actor, on March 13, 2022, one week before his 72nd birthday. He died peacefully, among family, of natural causes. The family requests privacy at this time.”

Hurt had three consecutive Academy Awards nominations for Best Actor in the mid-1980s. These included Kiss of the Spider Woman (1985), Children of a Lesser God (1986) and Broadcast News (1987.), He won for Kiss of the Spider Woman.

Hurt was also an active stage actor during the 1980s, appeared in Off-Brodway productions and receiving his first Tony Award nomination in 1985 for the Broadway production of Hurlyburly.

His debut film role was in 1980, playing a scientist in the science fiction thriller Altered States, for which he received a Golden Globe nomination for New Star of the Year. From there, he played a memorable role as the lawyer seduced by Kathleen Turner in Body Heat (1981) and then appeared in the role of Arkady Renko in Gorky Park.

Hurt earned his fourth Academy Award nomination for his supporting performance in David Cronenberg’s crime thriller A History of Violence (2005).

His career continued with such films as A.I. Artificial Intelligence, The Village, Syriana, The Big Chill, The Good Shepherd, Mr. Brooks, Into the Wild, and Robin Hood.

To younger fans, Hurt was part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe films in his role as the blustering Thaddeus Ross, a General who was there on the fateful day Bruce Banner became the Hulk. The Ross character apppeared in five Marvel films, including The Incredible Hulk, Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame, and Black Widow, as well as the Marvel One-Shot The Consultant and the Disney+ animated series What If…?, the latter voiced by Mike McGill.

Hurt was born March 20, 1950 in Washington, DC. His father was part of the US Agency for International Development, a role which saw the family move to Lahore, Mogadishu and Khartoum. His parents divorced, and his mother married Henry Luce III, son of publisher Henry Luce.

He went on to attend Tufts University, where he studied theology. But the acting bug bit him, and he joined the Juilliard School’s drama division, where he spent four years immersed among such future stars as Robin Williams and Christopher Reeve.

Starting in 1977, Hurt was a member of the Circle Repertory Company, winning an Obie Award for his appearance in Corinne Jacker’s My Life. He had a broad resume in theater, winning a 1978 Theatre World Award for his multiple performances in Fifth of Jul, Ulysses in Traction, and Lulu.

Hurt is survived by four children. No memorial details have been revealed.

jack

I was just reading that too. Very sad. Full life though.