Mine Field Celebrity Deathday Thread

whisky

Boobie inspector
Ian Lavender 77 actor, Pike from dads army, also the last living actor from that show, so more like deads army now.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Guess we don't have to worry about him telling them anymore.

CaptainWacky

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

Richard Lewis, stand-up comic and ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ star, dies at 76​

Comedian Richard Lewis, the stand-up comic who most recently played a fictionalized version of himself on HBO’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” has died. He was 76. Lewis died “peacefully at his home in Los Angeles” on Tuesday after suffering a heart attack, his publicist Jeff Abraham confirmed Wednesday.

“His wife, Joyce Lapinsky, thanks everyone for all the love, friendship and support and asks for privacy at this time,” Abraham said.

The actor, who starred in Mel Brooks’ “Robin Hood: Men in Tights” and “Leaving Las Vegas,” announced his retirement from stand-up comedy after revealing his Parkinson’s disease diagnosis and four surgeries. Lewis had performed for more than 50 years.

“Luckily, I got it late in life, and they say you progress very slowly if at all, and I’m on the right meds, so I’m cool,” he said at the time. ”I’m finished with stand-up. I’m just focusing on writing and acting.” Lewis began his career in his 20s performing at New York’s Improv. In the ’90s he landed a variety of TV series including “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” starring Larry David.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
He co-starred in a brief but memorable romantic sitcom with Jamie Lee Curtis in 1991. I wish it was streaming somewhere...

jack

first appearance on Letterman

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I don't know if I'd call this "great" through the lens of today's idea of civilization, but it's fascinating that Richard's personality was fully formed at such an early age, complete with mannerisms...

CaptainWacky

Yeah that would be quite the thing to do to a child in 2024 lol.

jack

This one's one of my favorites. So sad to hear this. Karl was pretty brilliant. Reminds me of R.E.M.

Legacy thread in Media Center

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

CaptainWacky

Can't believe he went out like this.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It's just wrong that Norm McDonald isn't around for this day... but at least he's there in the afterlife to greet him

CaptainWacky