Movies seen in 2024

whisky

Boobie inspector
Not getting the list off to a great start...

Fast X 2023.

As someone who normally likes these films, this one is a bit of a slog, they have taken ignoring physics to a new level, Jason Mamoa just comes off as annoying, and Vin Diesel just looks too old for this shit.

Mirah

I love you
I am going to watch Captain Phillips this weekend. Based on true story starring Tom Hanks. This movie is 10 years old.

A coworker says he was on a ship that passed that ship before it got attacked. That is freaking crazy!

And now I want to watch Greyhound, another Tom Hanks movie on a ship

Mirah

I love you
Watching The Highwaymen. Kevin Costner, Woody Harrelson, true story of bringing down Bonnie and Clyde.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Didn't they just shoot them a lot?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Siso 2023

A Tarrantino film if Quentin was finish and not obsessed with feet.

Good action film, set in WW2.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The creator 2023.

Strong oblivion vibes, but I don't think I'll remember it for long.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Not getting the list off to a great start...

Fast X 2023.

As someone who normally likes these films, this one is a bit of a slog, they have taken ignoring physics to a new level, Jason Mamoa just comes off as annoying, and Vin Diesel just looks too old for this shit.
Yeah I just watched it a few days ago. I think Jason Mamoa thought he was just playing as himself and not a character.

CaptainWacky

Saltburn (2023) - Watched it because it's one of those things everyone's talking about. It held my interest all the way through, it looks very nice, the acting is all very good. Barry Keoghan is a magnetic screen presence for sure (he looks too old for the character, though maybe that kind of helps him seem a bit weird?) Rosamund Pike has some hilarious lines. Ultimately though it's not really saying anything besides "rich people are bad/wanting to be rich makes you bad" and I was kind of hoping the butler would figure out what was going on and stop things by the end.

And is Oliver really going to be happy dancing around a big house naked alone for the rest of his life? Probably would get boring.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (2023) - Another adaption of the Eastman & Lard comic, this one highly influenced by the Spider-Verse movies (which is a good thing to be influenced by!) in animation style. And it's very good, much better than the nineties live action movies (the Vanilla Ice bit still holds up, don't get me wrong) and those Michael Bay ones I never watched! A completely different take on the characters and their background, but I don't see why that would matter since it's a new thing. Lots of big name voice actors but the Turtles themselves are (I think?) played by unkown actual teenagers and it's maybe the first time the turtles feel like actual kids with individual personalities that go beyond "party dude" and "the leader." Animation is nice but not quite on the Spider-Verse level. Music is very good. But what's best is the actual heart in the relationship between the Turtles and Splinter (who they call "dad" which makes sense since he's there dad!) The ending was genuinely touching and I saw the final mid credit scene coming a mile away but it still excited me. Very good fun.

CaptainWacky

Bottoms (2023) - Two high school lesbians (Rachel Sennott and Ayo Edebiri) start a Fight Club in school to fuck cheerleaders. So the first thing you have to do (and should realise pretty quickly) is accept this isn't trying to be a realistic depiction of high shcool. It's satire and it's very over the top so it took a while to get into it. But I enjoyed it a lot in the end. Very funny and does have some serious stuff about sexual assault and things but done in a wild "can they say that!" way. Good music from Charli XCX. I had some quibbles (the girl planting the bomb felt off!) but it's good.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
John Wick 4.

A very unsatisfying conclusion just feels repetitive and kind of boring.
Alot of sequels are these days. I imagine Kung Fu Panda 4(March 8) is going to be more of the same but I'll still go see it anyway.

Mirah

I love you
Never fucking mind what i wrote before, I wasn't watching a movie
(*&&^&)*&)*)(*$#@&@#$@#

Last edited:

whisky

Boobie inspector
Asteroid city 2023.

I have now seen two Wes Anderson films, and they both pretentious bull shit.

Why do people keep giving him money to make films?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
This is cued up to the Wes Anderson joke (22:36), but the whole thing is fall down funny.

Mirah

I love you
Well thank you for that video Eggs. I paused the weekly SNL to watch my 2 favorite women of SNL and now my mood is elevated as the current trends say these days.