My milkshakes bring all the boys to . . .

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
. . . my computer screen?

images

Police: California Teens Drug Parents to Use Internet

ROCKLIN, Calif. January 3, 2013 (AP)

Two California teenagers were arrested after they gave one of the girl's parents milkshakes spiked with prescription sleeping pills so she could use the Internet past her curfew, police said.

The medicated shakes worked, but the parents became suspicious when they woke up groggy the next morning, Rocklin police Lt. Lon Milka told The Sacramento Bee (http://bit.ly/135xw8G) in a story Thursday. They obtained a drug kit from police so they could test themselves for tampering,

The tests came back positive, and the couple went back to police with the results. Their 15-year-old daughter and her 16-year-old friend were taken to Juvenile Hall on Saturday and booked on suspicion of conspiracy and willfully mingling a pharmaceutical with food, Milka said.

Child therapist Leslie Whitten Baughman told The Bee that while it is normal for adolescents to act out while asserting their individuality, drugging their parents "would not be a healthy level of rebellion."

Milka said the younger girl told investigators that she thought her parents' Internet policy was too strict. Internet access at the family's home was shut off every night at 10, he said.

"The girls wanted to use the Internet, and they'd go to whatever means they had to," he said.

Authorities are not identifying the teens because they are minors. Placer County prosecutors have not yet decided whether to file charges.

———

Information from: The Sacramento Bee, http://www.sacbee.com

Pity they didn't use a different prescription medication. Culpable homicide would've looked great on a resume or university application.

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
Kids these days! Back in my day . . .

8218.imgcache.jpg

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
. . . raping a woman and posting such debauchery on social websites. The hooligans!

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
Sadly it is not that humanity is worsening, it's just that with internet access, increased literacy (compared to hundreds of years ago) and places to share these events we see just how low humans can stoop.

I wish I could go back to where I had a more innocent view of humanity. I now know too much - just today I came across a thread discussing a man that stores his fecal matter in condoms and saves it for snacks later.

:hmmm:

Enkephalen

My Stars!
^Now that's an image I could have lived the remainder of my life without.

I once asked a judge why the courts seemed to have so many pedophile cases to try. He said it wasn't that there were more of them, just that we were catching these people whereas in the past we lived in ignorance about them. When I think about how rape victims were treated even 20 years ago, we've come a long way, just not long enough.

Farry Lynt

I'm high
The Chola face paint is a nice touch, however that has been a thing of the past since the late seventies.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
At least the parents turned the kids in for their milkshakes madness. I think the child therapist's diagnosis was quite lenient.

No, resorting to calling the cops is lazy and cowardly on the parents part. Man up and take care of this within the family.

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
Would've taken away their time from the forbidden Internet.