NCIS season 7 final

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I thought only really, REALLY old people watched this show, like JAG.

Yub

Anachrophobic
This has reminded me to start downloading episodes again, I've not watched in a long while.

*beats Eggs with his walking frame*

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Don't get me wrong, I love and lust Mark Harmon, and woo-hoo it was created by Mr. Quantum Leap who rocks, but the simple facts are:

Procedural + military uniforms + CBS = old people's show.

Granted, the audience is certainly younger than it was for JAG: people had to be declared dead before being allowed to watch JAG.

And yes, I'm still bitter that Harmon left a potential recurring role on The West Wing to do this show. Instead, TWW killed off his character, one of the rare worthy romantic partners for C.J. Cregg. HARUMPH.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
And yes I'm also bitter because Emily Procter also left The West Wing after 2 seasons of playing a breakout recurring character to star in the worst CSI spinoff in history, opposite that ginger zombie.

FUCKING PROCEDURALS! IN PLAIN SIGHT IS THE ONLY GOOD ONE LEFT.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
BTW, In Plain Sight stars Mary McCormick, with recurring appearances by Allison Janney and Josh Molina, all of whom waited until The West Wing concluded before moving on. Like good little actors.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
OK HARKLEEE NOW IM DONE

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They're turning In Plain Sight into a procedural though... I expect them to change the name to Law & Order: WITSEC any time :rwmad: I am crossing my fingers that they DON'T because I love it so much. The appearance of Mary's brother last week gives me some hope that the show will stay interesting. I miss Mary's hot bf already!

Also, NCIS is a great show, and obviously people other than the elderly are watching it because it CONSISTENTLY gets fabulous ratings. ALSO WHO ARE YOU TO BESMIRCH A SHOW FOR BEING ELDERLY WHEN YOU WATCH DANCING WITH THE STARS????!!!! MOFO!

I thought the season finale was extremely confusing and nonsensical. They made the lawyer chick seem evil all along and now SUDDENLY she's been good all along? BAH! I can totally understand why she wants in Jethro's pants though. What's up with McGee? He's looking too skinny.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
They're turning In Plain Sight into a procedural though... I expect them to change the name to Law & Order: WITSEC any time :rwmad: I am crossing my fingers that they DON'T because I love it so much. The appearance of Mary's brother last week gives me some hope that the show will stay interesting. I miss Mary's hot bf already!
They seem to be sprinkling Mom, Sis, Bro and others just liberally enough to keep the viewers from getting overly angry. Also, Allison Janney, Josh Molina and Steven Weber in recurring roles + ???? = PROFIT.
Also, NCIS is a great show, and obviously people other than the elderly are watching it because it CONSISTENTLY gets fabulous ratings. ALSO WHO ARE YOU TO BESMIRCH A SHOW FOR BEING ELDERLY WHEN YOU WATCH DANCING WITH THE STARS????!!!! MOFO!
Guilty as charged! I watch a lot of old people stuff. I watch Jeopardy. I watch old L.A. Law and Hill Street Blues reruns. I watch Cheers and I Love Lucy on the Hallmark Channel.

Just not NCIS. :bigass:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
My grandma LITERALLY gets angry if someone calls her or comes to visit when Jeopardy is on! THEY MADE ME MISS JEOPARDY :rwmad:

Are you going to watch So You Think You Can Dance, or are you all danced out? I sometimes get sucked into SYTYCD because they are really talented, but there are a couple judges/choreographers who get on my last NERVE. That one choreography is so flaky I just think ICK every time she speaks. Then there's Mary the screamer, I'm sure she is abusing prescription meds!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
My grandma LITERALLY gets angry if someone calls her or comes to visit when Jeopardy is on! THEY MADE ME MISS JEOPARDY :rwmad:

Are you going to watch So You Think You Can Dance, or are you all danced out? I sometimes get sucked into SYTYCD because they are really talented, but there are a couple judges/choreographers who get on my last NERVE. That one choreography is so flaky I just think ICK every time she speaks. Then there's Mary the screamer, I'm sure she is abusing prescription meds!
OMG I GET THE SAME WAY ABOUT JEOPARDY! If I have to talk to a client on the phone between 7-7:30PM, I throw a (private) hissy before dialing. :D

DWTS is the only dance show I watch. The ballroom aspect interests me, because it's a specific skillset that has to be mastered. Freestyle dancing isn't as interesting to me, it's all acrobatics and attitude. I can see that in the subway tunnels. But I don't see a terrific paso doble that often. ;)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They have to do ballroom on SYTYCD too. They have to master several different styles and quite a few of the dancers come from a ballroom background. ALSO, Mary the screamer is a ballroom dancer.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I thought they finally dropped Mary the Screamer this past season...

All I know is, between Top Chef 7, Kathy Griffin, Flipping Out, Work of Art, Rachel Zoe, the all-consuming Big Brother AND every Met game, my summer is aready booked. But I'll try to give it a look. :)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The commercials for Rachel Zoe make me want to LITERALLY kill her... so I LITERALLY haven't bothered watching that show.

I don't know about Mary on SYTYCD being fired, I thought she was still on there, the hot tamale train WOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I'd rather they get rid of the flaky flake, Mia Michaels.

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
I have not seen a single season finale yet this season.
~pffft!!~

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Well, there aren't that many left. Glee is the only one I know of that hasn't happened already.