Neil Armstrong died

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
We should probably have an official thread.

At least he got to guest host WWE RAW and appear in Transformers 3 in his later years!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I haven't commented in any of the Neil Armstrong is dead threads on the internet (until now) because I don't know what to say. It's like the more important someone was in the grand scheme of things, the less I have to say about their sad passing.

CaptainWacky

I wish BDM was still here so we could tell him about Lance Armstrong being a cheater (see similar threads.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Lance Armstrong and his amazing ball.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
He was 82, so it's not so much sad that he died, as it's a respectable age to live to. What makes me and probably a lot of others sad is seeing how little his and the Apollo program's achievement was acted on. When he set foot on the moon he must've expected to see bases there and beyond in his lifetime, and instead, the most exciting space missions we've got going right now are yet another robot on Mars and a few space planes that are designed to barely even scratch the surface of our atmosphere. I mean, they have to be exciting, because we don't have anything better, but they're hardly what people would've hoped for or expected 40 years ago.

I wish BDM was still here so we could tell him about Lance Armstrong being a cheater (see similar threads.)

"Lance Armstrong continues his crushing of steroid tablets into energy drinks!"

CaptainWacky

At least his name (Neil's, not Lance's) will be remembered for the rest of human history. There's few people you can say that about. (There's Jedward, obviously.)

Mirah

I love you
This one time, when I was a little girl, I was watching a cover country band at the county fair and one of the guitar players names was Neil Armstrong and I really thought it was Neil Armstrong who walked on the moon.

Mirah

I love you
I ate a lot of snow cones during that time, and cotton candy and snow cones and anything with sugar in it.

CaptainWacky

This one time, when I was a little girl, I was watching a cover country band at the county fair and one of the guitar players names was Neil Armstrong and I really thought it was Neil Armstrong who walked on the moon.

IT WAS.