NEW: Hambil again violated your privacy

Tyrant

While I was there I installed a custom written hack that checked the IP of guests against registered users, and showed admins/mods your registered name if you where lurking. Seemed like a good idea at the time...

That isn't exactly a violation, but really, what degree of control did the Old Gods really need over posters?

Anyone remember when he mentioned that Lord Raffles, who is usually invisible, was browsing his 'death' thread only to have Hambil violate his privacy by casually mentioning that he was logged in?

Taken from PathetiGroping's thread. Sorry, BG. I'm probably not the only one who noticed you karmad somebody, but you're about as memorable and noteworthy as Bowel Movement or Bergerac were.

http://www.shatteredcorpse.com/sc/forum/index.php?topic=912.0

For shame.

Tyrant

The staff do not actively seek excuses to Daycare certain individuals, for one.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The thing you have to remember is, all this stuff may have been installed, but since nobody talked (or talks, presumably) to each other on staff, most of us didn't even know it existed unless we really started poking around (if we had that level of access or geek knowledge to begin with).

I spent more time chatting with mm whining about quitting than I ever did about CP controls or policy. That, and talking about boys of course...

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Grandtheftcow said:
Honestly tell me something. How many of you think things on the staff level have really changed from that era?

A lot.

The entire ideology for a start.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Grandtheftcow said:
Honestly tell me something. How many of you think things on the staff level have really changed from that era?

I certainly feel more comfortable with the current staff than I did in the Hambil days. Hambil struck me as a person is petty and vindictive, and would have zero problem using his admin powers to fuck someone he didn't like. I don't get that vibe from the current crew.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
There was also the issue of them trying desperatley to shape the entire site in their image. Anyone who dissagreed would be ostracized by them and their groupies. They basically made the site about them and not about the membership in general. There was also a huge amount of shit going on behind the scenes that had a lot to do with control; not to mention the arrogance of considering themselves as the Alpha and Omega of the site.

Frankly, it was a mess.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Mentalist said:
There was also the issue of them trying desperatley to shape the entire site in their image. Anyone who dissagreed would be ostracized by them and their groupies. They basically made the site about them and not about the membership in general. There was also a huge amount of shit going on behind the scenes that had a lot to do with control; not to mention the arrogance of considering themselves as the Alpha and Omega of the site.

Frankly, it was a mess.

What's amusing to me about that was this: I called it a long time ago. Hambil, Cait et al were attempting to turn this board into "EI Raw" or "TK Lite" and I was laughed at for that idea. Then look at what happened...

Tyrant

CyberDelete.jpg

Tyrant

speck You stil, STILL, talk about me though.
I was responding to what you wrote in the thread, pansyman. You realize how obsessed with this forum you sound, don't you?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Who the fuck is speck?

jack

Really? What a dork :D

Tamar_Garish

beer, I want beer
Wow, you told him.

jack

Tool is much better than BG

Tyrant

speck I'm expecting better from you.
I didn't think there'd be anything more pathetic than you coming back to post and continuing to act like the bitter twat you left as.

Until now.

jack

He is a bitter twat, isn't he.

Tyrant

jack said:
He is a bitter twat, isn't he.
Quite. Can you believe that he actually mentioned the neg karma beatdown he received? It might be the reason he isn't posting, but really, how pitiful can you get?