No Time To Die

The Question

Eternal
Yes a white Shaft portrayed by Bruce Willis.

Wouldn't that basically be John McClane? The difference being of course that McClane is an actual cop rather than a private eye, I mean.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Wouldn't that basically be John McClane? The difference being of course that McClane is an actual cop rather than a private eye, I mean.
Sure. It's the first bald white dude that I thought of. Mr. Clean, Patrick Stewart, and Michael Rosenbaum would also be acceptable White Shafts.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I've read the Ian Fleming books, apart from them being incredibly rapey, I don't remember them specifically mentioning Bond was white, but if we are following the books then Bond served in WW2 and should be in his 90s or early 100s by now.

The Question

Eternal
I've read the Ian Fleming books, apart from them being incredibly rapey, I don't remember them specifically mentioning Bond was white, but if we are following the books then Bond served in WW2 and should be in his 90s or early 100s by now.

Hence the "Bond is a Time Lord" fan theory. The point is that the character is established for film. Making Bond black, or Asian, or Hispanic -- at this point -- would be like recasting the MCU versions of Nick Fury or Heimdall with white guys "because it's <the current year>." It'd be nothing but juvenile pandering, And as it turns out, not even the target demographic for such childish pandering and temporal chauvinism is unanimously on board with it.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Can they just film the Ana de Armas spinoff movie in the time this is delayed.

The Question

Eternal

Can they just film the Ana de Armas spinoff movie in the time this is delayed.

Of course they can.

Know why they won't?

Because it's guaranteed to be fucking garbage and nobody would pay to watch it. Man-hating preachy shit does not sell tickets, and they know it.

CaptainWacky

I guess it's time to die (spoiler: he dies at the end.)

CaptainWacky

Uhh...

My post above was not intended as a spoiler, it was just a joke as I didn't think they'd actually kill him. But lol apparently he dies in it.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Sorry Wacky I did try and look for the old thread.

Now it's free on Amazon I finally got to see it today, it's ok, just really long.

Too much time to die if anything.

I reckon the missiles blew him into the sea, if they are going to carry on with this timeline, or they will just reboot the whole thing again.

CaptainWacky

All the words in the thread title are too short to search for, I think, but I found it because I know the Mine Field like the back of my hand. *bashes head off beam*