Orphan Black: Echoes

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

I hope it has the humour of the original and isn't all DARK SCI FI.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I had no idea Krysten Ritter was going to be the CLONE. THERE COULD BE HUNDREDS OF HER.

CaptainWacky

I hope there's a wrestler clone.

CaptainWacky

This is finally coming out soon.

CaptainWacky

I watched the first episode. It was pretty good. Bit disappointing that Ritter only plays one character so far, but maybe the original show took a while to show all the clones. The ending would mean nothing to someone who hadn't watched the original so it's clearly going for quite a niche audience? Anyway, it was a decent first episode I'll watch more.

ITV X is utter shite though, with UNSKIPPABLE ads. I'm going to try to download the rest of the season.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Okay, I just finished the 1st episode. Not too bad so far! I'm glad they got right into the clone shit.

CaptainWacky

Seconde episode - Again, not bad, but it's just lacking the humour and fun of the original, a bit? The girl playing the young clone is well cast as a young Krysten Ritter. Felix's actor having to play his character as 30 years older must have been weird for him and it wasn't totally convincing.

Last edited:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It's just not very good. The writing is bad, and so far the story isn't very interesting. I do think they did a great job casting the young clone and the show would be more interesting if she was in it more.

CaptainWacky

Third episode - I'm shocked how dull they've made Lucy. Krysten Ritter is a good actress but they've given her nothing. Why is she only playing one character? Did someone watch the original and think "okay, this would be better if Tatiana Maslany only played one clone!" Jules is a better character at this point and had some good scenes this episode, but she was just finding out stuff the audience already know.