Philil Seymour Hoffman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love Child

One Love
OMG.
You don't want me to show you my psh folder do you? What is your favorite movie/role?

philip20seymour20hoffmaaj5.jpg

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
OMG, you're a PSH fan too?!

I like just about all of his work, but I'll limit it to movies where he's the lead...

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead - Really dynamic take on Greek tragedy, a different type of roll for Philip.

Synecdoche: New York - This movie's unlike any other, it just came out in limited release like a month and a half ago. Possibly one of my favourites, I'll need to see it when it's out on DVD a few times to decide.

Love Liza's one of my top picks despite the story not really going anywhere.

Aside from MI3, I can't think of Philip having any shit roles. My DVD collection has more PSH than anything else.

OH! There's that priest movie coming out soon with Philip and Meryl Streep.

Love Child

One Love
I enjoyed watching him in The Talented Mr. Ripley and Capote and Patch Adams. I can't tell you why I am drawn to him.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
He had a brilliant turn in Punch Drunk Love, a flick you either love or hate. Watching him shout down an enraged Adam Sandler over the phone made my year.

Mirah

I love you
He had a brilliant turn in Punch Drunk Love, a flick you either love or hate. Watching him shout down an enraged Adam Sandler over the phone made my year.

I have to rewatch that movie because I can't remember him in it. I did sort of hate the movie but I also liked it-it was kind of hard to watch at times.

I am embarresed to say that one of my favorite movies-Dark City- has Keifer Sutherland in it and I got the two mixed up PSH and KS-I thought it was the same actor once-

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I have to rewatch that movie because I can't remember him in it. I did sort of hate the movie but I also liked it-it was kind of hard to watch at times.

I am embarresed to say that one of my favorite movies-Dark City- has Keifer Sutherland in it and I got the two mixed up PSH and KS-I thought it was the same actor once-

I only watched the first few minutes of Punch Drunk Love before deciding I hated it. Only Sandler film I've ever hated.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
My recollection of him goes back to a small role in When a Man Loves a Woman, and then his breakout turn as the closet-case production assistant Scotty in Boogie Nights. (Great in both).

He was hideously good in Flawless with De Niro, and fucking awesome in Almost Famous as Lester Bangs.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I SAID GOOD IN FLAWLESS, GREAT IN ALMOST FAMOUS, PEOPLE! I'M POSTING DOWN HERE, WHERE'S THE LOVE THAT GTC DARE NOT SPEAK ITS NAME HUH?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
:sarek:

Love Child

One Love
Screw trying to edit double post! Eggs come talk Sexy with us in the HOTRS! I have nothing more to add to this conversation of PSH.
Except that he reminds me of someone I had a childhood crush on-that is one reason I like him so.

Status
Not open for further replies.