Porto - Arsenal

Marquis De Sade

I came for the spankings
Congrats, Mentalist. :D

FC Porto has been one of my favourite teams in the Champions League for the past few years (too bad Lisandro left for Lyon). Despite their lack of big names, they always make the playground one hell of a battlefield for ninety minutes, and they defy Europe's giants with their balls out approach to Football.

It was an absolute delight watching them rape Arsenal. :)

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
We played shit and gifted them both goals with half our team on the injury table. They hardly raped us though. Porto were shit as well and should of been able to kill us off since we were playing like complete melts.

It won't matter much when they get owned at The Emirates so enjoy for now.

Marquis De Sade

I came for the spankings
We played shit and gifted them both goals with half our team on the injury table. They hardly raped us though. Porto were shit as well and should of been able to kill us off since we were playing like complete melts.

While the match was not stellar, it was far from being technically shitty like, say, the Bayern - Fiorentina match.

It's just that fans don't like to admit that the teams that they support got outplayed and outcoached, hence resorting to the "they didn't play good, we played badly" fanboy rhetoric.

Besides, even if Arsenal somehow makes it past Porto :)D) in the return leg, I don't see the team going anywhere with juggernauts such as Real Madrid, Barca, Man Utd, or Chelsea.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
It's just that fans don't like to admit that the teams that they support got outplayed and outcoached, hence resorting to the "they didn't play good, we played badly" fanboy rhetoric.
Sigh. OK, I'll bite.

Look, my love for Arsenal is unconditional and has been since I could walk but that doesn't mean I gloss over our problems. I don't write a huge amount about Arsenal or football in general on TK since the audience for it consists of about 5 people. I do post about football in quite a few places though and I am ruthless when it comes to slamming the team for their shortcomings and the persistent problems we have to endure by the flawed genius of Le Prof (despite that I am not one of the baying mob calling for his head)

Right now we are the third best team in England. It actually hurts to say that. But realistically I have to accept that Chelsea and United are stronger than us right now. Especially in defence.

Tonight's match against Porto was a bit of a horror show for us but I didn't walk in to this match expecting some mind blowing performance either. We have been poor of late and our defensive fragility is sickening at times. I would have probably taken a draw before the game.

We should have bought Shay Given when he moved from Newcastle to Man Shitty. They snapped him up for 8 million which is a steal since I rate him as easily in the top three goalkeepers in the entire country. But if we had gone in to a bidding war with City we would have lost anyway so what to do?

Almunia and Fabianski are both crap. Fabianski was unbelievable tonight. He PUSHED a cross that was going wide in to the goal which even I would have saved and the second goal was just laughable. Sol shouldn't have touched the ball but Fabianski should know better than to pick up the back pass. The subsequent quick free kick was just insane. The ref grabbed the ball from Fabianski before he was in position and some quick thinking from Porto made the second inevitable.

Side note: The ref was a retard for BOTH teams tonight. (not blaming him for the loss though....although we should have had a fucking penalty for the foul on Rosicky and he should of protected Cesc better since he was systematically fouled all night.)

Both of the goals were Fabianski's fault. There were literally no decent clear cut chances from either side. It was like watching a game of pinball.

Arsenal are a team ravaged by injuries and a policy of buying zero cover. We needed to buy a striker as soon as Van Perise was injured. Chelsea have Drogba and United have Rooney. We have Bendtner who is coming off a long injury himself and Eduardo who hasn't been the same player since he came back from his horror tackle. It says a lot that we went in to our major run of games with Arshavin playing as a lone CF.

Fabregas said after the match that our heads dropped after the second goal. Look at how we performed against Villa, United and Chelsea in what we knew would be some of our biggest games of the season. We're not good enough under pressure, and we've heaped a lot of pressure onto ourselves after gifting two stupid goals to a very ordinary side.

Every time we find a new and exciting way to totally shoot ourselves in the foot defensively, I tell myself, "it can't possibly get worse than this", and I try to take comfort from that with this Champions League tie. Porto will have enough trouble scoring against us in the second leg anyway, and surely they won't get another goal like either of the two tonight. We'll also hopefully be boosted by the returns of Song and Arshavin, both badly missed tonight.

So that's why I think we'll go through, but it doesn't change the glaring problems in the team.

FABIANSKI 2-1 ARSENAL

Care for a wager? If Porto go through I will stop posting at TK for a week. If Arsenal go through you do likewise?

Sancho Panza

Porto are a bunch of cheating diving bastards, but then again so are Arsenal.

I was hoping both teams would spontaneously combust on the pitch, but alas.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the return leg though.

Porto are a bunch of cheating diving bastards, but then again so are Arsenal.

I was hoping both teams would spontaneously combust on the pitch, but alas.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the return leg though.

Eduardo is a dirty cheating bastard.

I hope he snaps his neck the next time.

Marquis De Sade

I came for the spankings

Marquis De Sade

I came for the spankings
Soon ....

Seph

Retired Account
1-0 arsenal BENDTNER

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I'd bet on Bendy to score as well after the host of chances he missed the other day. Arshavin will get one as well :D

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
omg just got home- they're actually airing the game up here!!

GO GUNNERS!!!!

Seph

Retired Account
bentner 1 - 0 porto scum

Seph

Retired Account
:bigass:

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
MORE BAD NEWS

Techno Welshpool have just gone 1-0 down to Gap Connah's Quay.

Seph

Retired Account
bendtner 2 - 0 porto turds