Question for FM radio listeners

Dr Dave

pillzlol
Do any of you remotely care about the lives of the radio dj's?

I had the radio on and the DJ was explaining how she got flowers or something from her husband for her birthday...

Who really gives a shit what this person got for her birthday.

Just play the songs lady.

Do any of you remotely care about the lives of the radio dj's?
No.
I had the radio on and the DJ was explaining how she got flowers or something from her husband for her birthday...

Who really gives a shit what this person got for her birthday.

Just play the songs lady.

Less talk is normally better. I enjoy listening to people calling into the station if there is an interesting topic for that particular day.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
What is this "FM radio" you speak of? Link?

(This is a joke, but as I majored in Communications/Radio in college, I'm also crying and dying inside)

whisky

Boobie inspector
Depends on the DJ, some have more interesting lives than others

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I don't even listen to the radio anymore. Andwhen I used to have Sirius on my TV, I loved Sir Richard Blade on the retro station. But those fuckers at DirectTV got rid of it, and now I have some other music stations on my tv, and no Sir Richard Blade, and no Dark Wave on Sunday nights.

Fucking cocksuckers.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
I listen to CBC and the hosts (we dont call the CBC employees DJs) dont discuss their flowers so it's all good.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
More annoying than incredibly mundane stories about the hosts' lives are the times when the station is hosting an event and keep going on about it for a couple of months. Even after all the tickets are sold out, and they really don't need to keep publicising it, they'll carry on saying how excited they are, and asking how excited the audience are to be attending. And then once it's over they'll still talk for another couple of weeks about how they're settling back into their routine after that amazing weekend.

Well, newsflash, if you're a national radio station, the vast, vast majority of listeners weren't there, and don't really care how much your left foot is aching. They just want to listen to music.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Plus for the next few weeks instead of your favourite songs played off the CD, you get to hear a crappy out of tune live version, complete with them constantly turning the mike to the audience.

Mind you that was amusing a few years back when live on radio one green day sang their radio version of American idiot, but the crowd still sung the uncensored version, which they never cut away from even though they kept singing "fuck America"

Dr Dave

pillzlol
I dislike live versions of songs because of the audio.

The alternative music station did like one saturday a month where they played live versions of songs. I don't know if they do it any more though.