Recommend some books for me

Weevil

Some fancy books pertaining to history, social theory, etc.

I'll recommend one for you:

Hitler's War

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
I can also highly recommend Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land, which I finished not too long ago. I balked at it for a long time because of all the Boomer/hippie hype, and expected much of it to be drippy, free-love type stuff. But then the fey, messianic hero of the piece starts literally disintegrating S.W.A.T. teams with his mind, and suddenly it got a lot more interesting.

There were parts that dragged & others I had to push myself through, but it was worth it, and it's definitely a book that stays with you for a while afterwards.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
How history/social-theory-focused do you want them to be?

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
I can't really come up with anything profound, since my coursework tends to eat up any interest I'd have in stuff along those lines.

I just finished My War Gone By, I Miss It So, which was kind of a cute read, although you shouldn't expect any shocking revelations about the real reasons behind the breakup of Yugoslavia or anything.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
"Everyone Poops" by: Amanda Mayer Stinchecum

Captivating reading with a surprise ending!

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
Anarchy for Dummies.
Zero, the history if a dangerous idea.
Intergral Psychology, ken Wilbur
IRS tax code.
On becoming a person by Carl Rogers

Robert "Monkey" Loggia

Mongoloid Biscuit Beast
The Omnivore's Dilemma

Donovan

beer, I want beer
"Everyone Poops" by: Amanda Mayer Stinchecum

Captivating reading with a surprise ending!

I read the sequel, "Shit happens again."

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I've mentioned this one before and it is still one of my favorites - "Women of the Four Winds" by Elizabeth Fagg Olds - 1985.
Women of the Four Winds - review
True stories about four very interesting real women - historical and geographical, has exploration, adventure, spies and stuff.

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
Discontented Dervishes - Sa'di

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
IBM and the Holocaust by Edwin Black

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Inventing The AIDS Virus by Peter H Duesberg