Restoring privacy on Facebook

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Click me -- Read the comments too for additional tips.

Anyone else shutting their account soon? I might by New Years. It's not just that they want more freedom to play with the content -- it's the immense force with which they want to fight users to reclaim it, and the denail and deception they think they need to employ. Fuck them.

Cacophony

lkjewro23piqjur2oijkslfaw e
Eh, facebook has its uses. It's just about my only way to keep in contact with some people since I gave up AIM for MSN. My profile has always been private, and I've even got different groups set up for like my family and whatnot so they can't see certain pictures or read certain posts.

They're always changing shit, but I've got my stuff set to the bare minimum. I won't add any applications, do any of the quizzes, play any of the games, etc, so my profile is easy to wade through. And I've got my home page set to just status updates so I don't have to see when someone took a shitty quiz.

I'll probably dump it someday, but at the moment it has its uses and nothing they're doing to change it is really affecting me at all.

Seph

Retired Account
I closed my FB does my nut in

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Like I told a friend of mine, if you don't want the world knowing the answer to all of your security questions, limit your info. Mine is as general as it gets. These people with >1,000 friends and a fully-detailed profile deserve to have their info stolen.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
What irks me about FB is that the privacy settings change every month and they don't do a general announcement. When myspace does an updtate, they make an announcement.

Seph

Retired Account
facebook = hassle

Seph

Retired Account
who died?

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
I use it the way Cacaphony does. I may not get on for several days at a time but do like to keep up with what's going on with relatives and friends. hate the phone & don't have the time or inclination to email everyone individually. And writing letters? I have two old friends who are not on-line and what a PITA .... snail mail...urk.

Seph

Retired Account
i closed mine after u didnt accept my invite :(

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
LOL! You couldnt have been pining too long as I've only been away a day or so.

Seph

Retired Account
shes a closed book mate, no go.

i shut mine down coz of her ignorance - i want to make that clear

WillsZenith

a treat for missmanners
Seph!!!!

we could have been fB nutjobs together!!!

I guess this is why doves cry...

Seph

Retired Account
cud only find when doves do drive bys

[YOUTUBE]OasF9gDU-bA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]