Staff member
GETTING A SITCOM? WTF?

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2009/11/shit-my-dad-says/

Shit My Dad Says: Twitter Got Me a Sitcom Deal

* By Hugh Hart Email Author
* November 10, 2009 |
* 4:33 pm |
* Categories: television

Justin Halpern’s dad says the darndest things, and tons of folks are listening — including CBS, which plans to make a television show based on the 73-year-old’s goofball musings.

Started in August, Halpern’s hilarious Shit My Dad Says Twitter feed has attracted 700,000 followers. Now CBS plans to produce a sitcom pilot based on the comic tweets, with Will & Grace creators David Kohan and Max Mutchnick producing, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

After moving into his parents’ San Diego home over the summer, Halpern parlayed his father’s obscenity-laced observations into a mini-empire. He signed a Shit My Dad Says-inspired book deal with Harper Collins last month and will co-write the CBS show, which — no surprise — will be retitled if it’s picked up for a full prime-time order.

Here’s an example of the senior Halpern’s father-to-son banter: “You look just like Stephen Hawking…. Relax, I meant like a non-paralyzed version of him. Feel better? Fine. Forget I said it.”

Here's a link to twitter http://twitter.com/Shitmydadsays

I like his latest tweet: "Remember this: you're just a lucky fucking guy. If people start telling you your dick looks bigger, remember that it's not."

I don't think this will make a good sitcom, how's he gonna say fuck and shit on CBS?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, I can't see it being very funny if it has to fall in line with US tv's censors. Good luck to them though.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Hell, if monopoly can be turned into a movie, a tweet account can be made into a tv sitcom.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Maybe they'll follow through with my idea about a damp fart sitcom (lame pun intended).

Seph

Retired Account
intended and recieved lol very punny.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Anything is better than Jay Leno. Bring it.