Sketched my avatar.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
untitled2copy4jo.jpg

Took a bit of artistic licence with it.

Just a quick sketch, I like it but not that much. Next will be better.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It's good, I could never draw like that. Unless I applied myself, maybe. He kind of looks like Gollum a bit, actually. Maybe you were trying to show the ring corrupting him, OMG!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Funny you say that because I rubbed the first try out because the features looked too much like gollum. I'm a n00b at all this, first time I have drawn a portrait.

I did do Gollum the other day (second picture I have ever drawn)

But I gave up because the feet were being too difficult to draw.

dcopy3mj.jpg

Ishcabittle

The fact that you are posting your progress shows that you are committed to putting in the practice, and that's commendable. If I was learning to draw, I surely wouldn't have the guts to post my attempts... probably 'cause they'd be crap.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
^agree completely.

Menty, are you still working on that larger drawing you started?
I did a portrait of Herne the Hunter in pencil yesterday, was frustrated with a few things but lost the light so had to quit...if I can find some time today I'll try and work on it again.

curiousa2z

Hernepics003.jpg

thus far without tweaking..the right antler is too low goddammit

curiousa2z

the frustrating thing is when what's in your mind is not what ends up on the paper or the canvas...
the part where commitment comes in is even when you're furious at the inability to get what you want out on whatever media you're working with, you keep trying.
that's how you improve.

keep trying.

copious swearing is permitted, of course.

CaptainWacky

That's good!

CaptainWacky

I read that as "drew a nude Frodo"!

curiousa2z

^OMG - !!!
Menty, I was going to suggest you draw a second Frodo, so you could see how much more your hand would translate from your eye the second time around! (it's a trick an old art teacher used to have us do)...
[Twilight Zone Music Theme].

I bet you're pleased with the difference, eh?
wonderful.

and Thanks.

CaptainWacky

wnat nude frodo

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
curiousa2z said:
^OMG - !!!
Menty, I was going to suggest you draw a second Frodo, so you could see how much more your hand would translate from your eye the second time around! (it's a trick an old art teacher used to have us do)...
[Twilight Zone Music Theme].

I bet you're pleased with the difference, eh?
wonderful.

and Thanks.

Yes, I am pleased with the improvment. I might even have another attempt at it. I'm improving all the time. I got lazy on parts so I know that I can do better next time.