Star Trek 14 news/countdown thread

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
It's sad, after soldiering through the 2 Abrams movies, that the latest one didn't get more traction. I really enjoyed it. It goes in my Trek Canon with 2, 3, 4, 6, & 8.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Still seems so odd to me that they announced Chris Hemsworth would be in the next movie so soon after Beyond came out. I hope it does happen, though. He really stood out in his one scene.

CaptainWacky

Seriously they announced it so quick that they couddn't possibly have had a script or a deal with him. They just looked at the disappointing box office for Beyond and said "TELL THE PEOPLE THOR WILL BE IN THE NEXT ONE!"

Would be kind of hilarious if they recast Kirk. Chris Evans perhaps?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Get Shatner to play him, and have no one mention the change

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
On another note, make lemonade with lemons. If they don't have Lt Arex replace Chekov, it will be an even sadder day.

CaptainWacky

And the sexy cat lady should be there just hanging.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Didn't Zoe Saldanadadada play a sexy cat lady in Avatar? Just transfer Uhura or give her a double role or something. Since M'Ress would be CGI anyway, they could even be onscreen together.

CaptainWacky

The Question

Eternal
Thus was the inevitable downfall of BroTrek. Piss all over the fanbase that built your franchise in an effort to lure in general audiences who had already spent decades being uninterested and who, it turns out, are perfectly content to continue being uninterested.

The Question

Eternal
Doubtless it will feature Klingons who look like H.R. Giger interpretations of duck billed platypii. The Enterprise, meanwhile, will resemble a coffee maker with a pair of Sybians attached.

CaptainWacky

This movie will never happen. We'll get a movie about all the failed attempts to make a new Star Trek movie before we get a new Star Trek movie.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I tried to read that article. But I realized I didn't know or care what Legion was and Fargo was probably the online TV series--yup. The movie was written by the Cohen brothers--speaking of which, why is iMDB so fucking useless? But I digress. So yeah. I don't give a shit about what they're doing with Star Trek right now.

CaptainWacky

Fargo and Legion were both great tv shows.

CaptainWacky

I'm not sure why I said "were" for Fargo when it's got a new season soon.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky