Star Trek?

Dr Dave

pillzlol
The new series is set to bow on CBS in January 2017, then move to CBS’ All Access digital subscription service. It will be the first original series to launch on a broadcast network but air primarily on an SVOD service.

:phprolleyes:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
PUSHING DAISIES WAS GOOD TOO DON'T LISTEN TO FUDDLEMIFF.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I think the good episodes of TOS all hold up well but the bad episodes are unwatchable (I defy anyone to get through 'The Lights Of Zetar' or whatever it was called.)

LoZ is pretty terrible, yes. This is who wrote the episode.

13443.imgcache.jpg

CaptainWacky

Did she write it with her feet?

(Because her hands are covered, you see, it's a joke!)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
that donkey puppet never achieved the same level of fame, but the other puppet is LAMPCHOP and that's Shari Lewis with her hand up its cooch.

WHO KNEW!

CaptainWacky

I did actually know!

CaptainWacky

The Question

Eternal
Ok wild prediction, they will get Jenna Coleman to play a part in it.

As a Yeoman who lies about everything. (She's not even a member of the crew.)

The Question

Eternal
They couldn't do it in the JJverse. A movie or 3, sure, they could con the fanbase into that swindle -- but the TV series isn't a hit-and-run where they can pull that off.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
An interesting period, if it is what they've chosen. The Klingons and Federation make friends, the Romulans go into seclusion and there's a war with the Cardassians. Hopefully the show will take place out on the frontier away from most of that, though.

I hope the note about it being an anthology series is true. It's just what fans have wanted for a long time and it'd really help to flesh out some stuff that was never explored before.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Glad that it isn't in the jjverse. I can see why they might have chosen this period though. Post Nemesis and Voyager is a very highly advanced period that would not be easy to write and some may charge was becoming slightly convoluted as well even though I was hoping it would be set after established continuity.

Being in between Undiscovered Country and Next Gen gives quite a nice time frame of about 70 years to play with. Somewhere around 2340 around the time of the Enterprise C could definitely work. All the noises I've heard so far have been encouraging so I'm quietly optimistic. I think they are going to put a pretty healthy budget behind this and go for it. Even since Enterprise finished the way geek culture has totally invaded the mainstream has been huge and Trek is a massive franchise that deserves quality treatment and I think they are not going to half ass it because it's such a big property and can be a massive winner if done right.

CaptainWacky

Of course this means George Takei is going to start tweeting "no one's invited me to appear as Sulu in this new series yet, HINT HINT" soon.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Oh, I think they will invite him.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
True. Any of the surviving TOS stars could make cameos. I doubt they'd be able to afford The Shat, but that might be for the best since he'd want a big, difficult to explain role.