Star Wars: Resistance

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
There's a Nien Nunb walking around in the background sometimes, you'd like that.

CaptainWacky

Well this week's had some X-Wing stuff, Poe was back (Oscar Isaac's voice acting seemed a lot better than last time too, but maybe there was nothing wrong with it last time either and I was just imagining it!), BB-8 made a friend...definitely all stuff I liked! On the other hand not much actually happened and only the last minute was important.

CaptainWacky

This week's had more action than normal but I didn't really care much.

#KillNeeku

CaptainWacky

Last week's ended with Doza calling the First Order in and I thought "okay, they're going to be occupied by the First Order now and things are going to get interesting!" This week...that didn't happen?

Yeager is a better character than Kaz, at least.

CaptainWacky

This week's was okay. I liked the hologame and the droid and the pet thing peeing. We learned some stuff. It was fine! Kaz still bad.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I liked this episode, but it's just another episode that highlights how basically any other character would be a more interesting protagonist than Kaz. Torra Doza learning that her dad is an ex-Imperial officer is more interesting than the "Is a shit spy and a shit person" thing that Kaz has going on.

CaptainWacky

The peeing dog thing would be a more sympathetic lead than Kaz.

CaptainWacky

Leia got recast lol.

CaptainWacky

It's weird how even the comic relief characters are more believable leads than Kaz.

CaptainWacky

So this got a second season. I kind of thought it would just be one and done since they're getting close to TFA. But apparently it's going to overtake The Last Jedi's timeframe soon.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-resistance-last-jedi-timeline/

Yeah that trailer makes it look more interesting but how do I know half the episodes won't be Kaz bumbling about falling over sausages or something.

Last edited:

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
By the time they get into the second season we will be almost at the release of Episode IX, and if they do a mis-season break at the end of the year like they did this year then the second half of season 2 will be shown after Episode IX's release - which is probably when they will start allowing other stories to be told in the period after The Last Jedi.

CaptainWacky

I can't believe the small creature that looked like a smaller version of the large creature turned out to be the large creature's child.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Oh man that mid-season trailer looked like the shows about to start into some of the more interesting stuff that we all hoped it would when the show started! I can't wait to see what the new episode is abo-

5g60y6j.png

Oh.

CaptainWacky

I bet all the exciting stuff from the trailer is in the season finale.

CaptainWacky

I can't even think of anything to say an an excuse to bump the thread, and I obsessively bump the threads of every tv show I watch.

CaptainWacky

This week's was an improvement. The plot moved on a bit, characters other than Kaz appeared, hardly any Neeku.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
This episode was "better" in that things happened and it focused on some of the better characters and had plot and stuff. So that's good.

It's always strange when they have the Aces do stuff but don't have the voice actors recording lines though.

CaptainWacky

Having some characters be in favour of having the Stormtroopers there could be a good way to flesh out the First Order and understand how they managed to get so powerful. Most of the episode was running about and slapstick though.