"Starblazers" live action trailers

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
aka "Space Battleship Yamato", the original Japanese title.

Teaser:

[YOUTUBE]CPoNTjwPb5w[/YOUTUBE]

Full Trailer 1 (the best, IMHO)

[YOUTUBE]wfyP1yAoYts[/YOUTUBE]

Full Trailer 2 (unfortunately marred by a shitty Aerosmith tune)

[YOUTUBE]fzK4aKGTP3E[/YOUTUBE]

The Americanized original series (syndicated over here back in the early 80's) was a big deal to me @ 13, and the first anime I watched regularly...I'd rush home from school to watch them (no hope of recording --this was before cheap VCR's-- and I had to watch them on a shitty 12" black & white CRT, youngsters! I didn't know that the Gamalons were blue-skinned 'til I was an adult! :sad:)

No doubt It'll please the hardcore fans, and maybe I'm just too old now, or seasoned from a decade or so of watching big-screen adaptations of all my childhood cultural touchstones. But if anything, these seem to make the case against slavish devotion to source material. I mean...hollowing out the rusted hulk of a WWII battleship and building an ass-kicking spaceship from under/inside of it? Seriously? I mean, you can still have the sheer coolness of some kind of hidden battlewagon suddenly shedding it's derelict-camoflage shell and rearing up out of the earth, without making it look like...well...like Rambo taking out an entire Vietcong POW camp with a high-tech bow & arrow. :phprolleyes:

Also: no idea if this will be a movie or a TV franchise...are they making the danger-frought yearlong roundtrip to Iscandar and back? Will they have the dramatic Ted Williams-esque voice-over dwindling daycount at the end of each episode ("THERE ONLY 178 DAYS LEFT TO SAVE THE EARTH")...? If only there existed some magic information network where I could look this stuff up...

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
Yes.... and it has an ALL ASIAN CAST

I remember this too when I was very young. This show was like 1,000,000,000,00,000,000,000,000 years in the making, and now they've finally got around to it!

:cool:

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Oh fuck yeah! I remember watching the anime on my uncle's computer back when I was in 5th grade (2001-2002).

eloisel

Forever Empress E
In the Americanized version Steven Seagal could play the martial arts master and captain of the Yamato.

Kyehlar

You Fox Eared Asshole!
Fuck Americanizing it. When this movie is released in America, it better say "Space Battleship Yamato" on it.

Uchuu Senkan YA-MA-TO!

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
I haven't seen Starguard this excited since he found out the little 13 year old Asian girl down the block was actually 46 and he wasn't going to jail after all.

Yes.... and it has an ALL ASIAN CAST

I remember this too when I was very young. This show was like 1,000,000,000,00,000,000,000,000 years in the making, and now they've finally got around to it!

:cool:

Call down you little pervert. I seriously doubt any of the Asian chicks in this movie get naked.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Seeing the ship take off from the ground is the one thing that was missing from the last star trek film.

Gonad

DON'T FUCK WITH MY TITLE BITCH
They were talking about this over at TrekBBS last month. No voiceover countdown, and Dr. Sane is a cute young lady.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
So... anyone know when the big debut in the US will be? Whenever it is, I am SO going to be there :techman: