Table Tennis (International) -- News

MODMAN

All Teams Qualified; 100 Days Until Table Tennis Takes Korea Republic by Storm
82065903.jpg

The world of table tennis is buzzing with anticipation as the countdown to the much-awaited ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024 Presented by BNK Busan Bank reaches just 100 days. This prestigious event is set to take place at the Busan Exhibition and Convention Centre (BEXCO) from February 16 to 25, 2024. With top-notch talent, fierce competition, and the stunning backdrop of Busan, this championship is destined to be a spectacle of grandeur.

This marks Korea Republic's first-ever hosting of the ITTF World Table Tennis Championships Finals, a long-awaited milestone that promises a unique experience for fans and a chance to celebrate Korea Republic's place in table tennis history.

Click here for full story

MODMAN

Hursey Sticks to the Script in Senec

It's time for another WTT Youth Series wrap. From lake towns to mountain cities, the best next-gen players have been hitting up all the sights of Europe while putting on a show out on the tables. Check out who took down the major titles in these WTT Youth Series stops.

The U19 Girls' Singles at WTT Youth Contender Senec went exactly according to script as the top two seeds both fought through the draw to the final. There was to be no surprise story lines as 1st seed Anna Hursey came out on top over Anna Brzyska 3-0 (12-10, 11-4, 11-6).

"I feel really good. I played really well, and I am happy will my performance. I think I played a lot of matches and I have a lot of experience." -- Anna Hursey

MODMAN

Table tennis: Latest ITTF World Rankings – Chinese paddlers sit top four in both singles rankings

Discover who are the best table tennis players in the latest ITTF singles world rankings, as of 14 November 2023

The People's Republic of China have the world's four best table tennis singles players in both men's and women's rankings in the most recent world rankings list of 14 November 2023, with Liang Jingkun climbing to men's number four.

A traditional powerhouse of the sport, Chinese athletes take up six of the top 10 in both rankings.

In table tennis, the world ranking is part of the qualification system for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games. Quotas will be allocated for the singles events based on the ranking of 18 June 2024.

MODMAN

Don't Stop Believin'

Pavilhao Desportivo Municipal de Vila Nova de Gaia plays host to the 13th stop on this year's WTT Feeder Series, with WTT Feeder Vila Nova de Gaia 2023 headlining the week from 22-25 November, and all eyes are firmly fixed on Portuguese star Marcos Freitas, who returns home on a mission.

The 35-year-old stalwart is the standout name at the top of the Men’s Singles draw, and will take some beating as he goes in search of his second WTT title of the year, three and a half months on from doing the business at WTT Contender Lima.

If the prospect of winning silverware in front of the home fans wasn’t alluring enough, Freitas also enters the week still very much in the race to WTT Finals Men Doha 2023. 15 spots have already been snapped up for the season finale, and Freitas can seal his ticket to Doha with a run to the Men’s Singles title in Vila Nova de Gaia.