Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles discussion thread

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
YES I know there's a long thread about it somewhere but it's been off for months and it's back on Friday so let's fucking DISCUSS it properly in a fresh thread.

- Wounded Sarah saw a UFO (from the future?)
- Riley slit her wrists, Cameron and John found her.
- Ellison is teaching John Henry the ten commandments for some reason.
- Shirely Manson can't act.

DISCUSS.

whisky

Boobie inspector
All of those are spoilers for me, argggggggggggg why did I think you were going on teh virgin one pace?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm glad we have a fresh discussion thread sometimes.

I think Ellison is teaching John Henry the ten commandments so he won't be an evil robot. Probably the only way he knows how to teach morals.

Ellison: Killing humans is bad, k?

John: Why?

Ellison: It just is.

Ellison: Trust me, it's bad.

Ellison: FUCK YOU DUMB ROBOT ASSHOLE! IT'S BAD CAUSE GOD SAYS SO!

INFINITY

CaptainWacky

Just pretend I made those things up, Whisky! (Of course Shirely Manson can act!)

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Good episode.

It wasn't a WOOSH BANG EXPLOSSSIIOONSSSS episode, but I think people who were complaining that Sarah was too sane should BE QUIET now.

CaptainWacky

It was good, but the problem with this show has been its sometimes glacial pace. I think everyone watching must have been a bit disappointed that we learned nothing more about the "UFO" after the cliffhanger months ago. I enjoyed the main plot because Lena Heady is a really good actress and Trip Tucker made a good abusive cop (and he died again, haha), but let's face it, this show is SO cancelled. I hope they have some kind of wrap up in the season finale and it doesn't just end with John about to be crushed by a falling piano or something.

The Weaver/John Henry stuff was good. Weaver's killing spree was obviously the standout moment of the episode and Shirley Manson does deserve some credit for being quite menacing if nothing else.

Ellison's "God made us in our image" crap pissed me off since John Henry will obviously realise the bible's a load of crap and kill him in a few weeks. I mean, how could he not?

Riley is really quite smart. If she did kill herself to get close to John then that was quite the clever plan (and we got a reference to the suicide story from the first season which I thought had been long forgotten.) If she was just making it up on the spot to avoid getting into trouble with Jessie then it was even smarter of her. And she's hot. Glad she isn't dead. I liked her smile when Jessie said she could "stay" with her for an hour, but if they are implying a sexual relationship then I wish they'd just show them kissing or in bed together or something. You know, just for clarity.

Not enough Cameron, but I liked her flat "yes, I'm very worried about you" line to Riley in hospital.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yeah, it's annoying. It's a good show, and I guess somehow BSG managed to be pretty slow-paced and not get cancelled.

Eurghlefurgle.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Of the three shows we all watched I enjoyed the SCC ep the best. I was hoping the Dr chick would say FUCK IT and join Sarah in saving the world from evil killer robots.

John Conner is annoying as fuck right now. He should just do it with Riley, even if Cameron is watching.

I laughed when Ellison started telling John Henry about god.. loved it when he wanted to know why we don't have more ball and socket joints.

I thought Weaver's killing spree was really cheesy, sorry. She's a terrible actress, and I have no idea why a robot would wear that much eyeliner.

CaptainWacky

Her blades were really long.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
You'd think there would have been a few escapees.

CaptainWacky

Terminators are thorough.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Especially when they have really long arm blades.

CaptainWacky

Robert Patrick must be jealous of her.

CaptainWacky

Another slow episode. Too slow. I still enjoyed it, and the last ten minutes were quite interesting, but they really should pick up the pace a bit. An episode set around a funeral isn't likely to get increased ratings.

How does John always manage to meet such annoying, snarky, death-obsessed girls?

Cameron: No bullet wounds.
Annoying Girl: What are you, Doctor Quinn Medecine Woman?

NO, JUST A PERSON WITH EYESIGHT YOU STUPID BITCH. YOUR DAD'S A MURDERER BY THE WAY.

Cameron looked smoking hot.

I thought Weaver was going to morph into the little girl's dead father. THAT would have been creepy.

I HOPE THEY SHOOT SOMETHING NEXT WEEK.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I liked it, at least they didn't forget about the drone!

Mommy, your lap is cold.

CaptainWacky

It was kind of dumb of them to just all stare at it in awe at the end. Lucky it wasn't programmed to kill John.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I wonder how bad those cows smelled.

CaptainWacky

SEX, SEX, WITH CAMERON, SEX.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
On the offical blog Josh Friedman gives clues as to what we will see by the end of the season:

I get the sense that you want answers. You’ve got enough plant, you’re looking for payoff. I get that. And so will you.

So here are my campaign promises. And because I’ve already shot the episodes, I know they’re promises I’ll be keeping… by the end of the season you will see/know:

–the resolution of the Riley story
–the resolution of the Jesse story
–a future story about Jesse’s Terminator–piloted nuclear submarine explaining how Jesse got to be how she got to be and how it relates to John Connor’s present and future
–the return of Cameron’s glitch in new and deadly ways
–much more Jameron (for those of you who like it)
–not too much Jameron (for those of you who don’t)
–an explanation of the three-dots
–Catherine Weaver’s backstory/origin story
–Savannah in mortal danger
–the revelation of Catherine Weaver’s exact mission
–a fight between Catherine Weaver and another Terminator
–a faceoff between Sarah Connor and Catherine Weaver
–a deadly attack on the Connors by agents of Skynet
–the death of a loved one

And some big things I won’t reveal. Hate spoilers.
http://www.fox.com/blogs/terminator/2009/02/22/josh-friedman-almost-spoiler-alert/

CaptainWacky

Sounds good. If he knows it's the last season then I can see them just killing off Sarah, Derek and even Cameron by the end...only John needs to survive. If there IS a third season though, DON'T KILL CAMERON YOU WASTERS.