The Age 35 Metamorphosis

The Question

Eternal
I seem to have somehow transformed into every other chubby, middle-aged, bespectacled white guy on the planet. How did this happen?! More importantly, who do I blame for it? :pissed:

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Wait 'till you hit 40!

The Question

Eternal
Indeed! Your metabolism will take a nosedive! Your hair will begin to noticeably thin on top!

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
work out, drink water, eet protienz....& kick ur metabolism back into gear.

There seems to be some kind of metabolic 'hump' for some pple, 25, 35, 45
Rly u just need to get ur metabolisim to tick over & not get lazy, avoid diabetes and etc etc

Kthnx

I Love Cunt

Watch It
Change your diet! You can get through it without insulin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No more processed foods!

dogbert

King of Sarcasm
I turn 50 in May. :)

The Question

Eternal
work out, drink water, eet protienz....& kick ur metabolism back into gear.

There seems to be some kind of metabolic 'hump' for some pple, 25, 35, 45
Rly u just need to get ur metabolisim to tick over & not get lazy, avoid diabetes and etc etc

Kthnx

The fux would I do that for?! You don't think I'm complaining about getting older, do ya? Hell, I enjoy it!

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Change your diet! You can get through it without insulin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No more processed foods!

Or my mom said I might be able to take some pills. I hate needles I don't really want to have to inject myself with insulin every day.

No more processed food...ever? Surely I could get away with it once in awhile.

Not going to worry too much until I get the results of tommorrow's blood test.

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
Loktar:

That's like saying that I'm not going to worry about the economy going into the toilet until it Is in the toilet.

You've had warning signs, you know how to fix it,
But you won't until someone (credible) tells you to?

That is insane.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Loktar:

That's like saying that I'm not going to worry about the economy going into the toilet until it Is in the toilet.

You've had warning signs, you know how to fix it,
But you won't until someone (credible) tells you to?

That is insane.

Thats how I roll.

Seriously, I know I need to cut back on the sugary treats, I don't eat fast food anymore(except for the occaisonal Chinese food), and I've increased my fruit and veggies intake, but I don't think I need to eliminate fast food/processed food completely.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
This is the thing -
see a diabetes counselor
they will talk to you about how many carbs you can have per day
how many calories you should try for each day
I'm on a 1700 calorie a day diet because I'm a small female but I'm pretty active.
I can have 45-60 carbs at each meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
I'm supposed to have a 15 carb snack in the morning and a 15 carb snack in the afternoon or at night before I go to bed. I can't eat that much.

Too much protein also turns into sugar in your body at some point. So, watch your proteins too.

Try the plate method - 1/2 of the plate colorful vegetables, raw or cooked; 1/4 meat; 1/4 starches - pasta, potatoes, bread. Try to get some cheese, yogurt and milk in your diet.

I can eat every day 2 cups of sugar free pudding made with sugar free pudding mix and Hood Carb Smart milk. Satisfies my sweet tooth, fills me up, and helps me meet my calcium needs. I also freeze carb smart yogurt to help curb my ice cream cravings.

I have to curb my eating out at restaurants because everything is fried and salty. Diabetes also brings along problems with hypertension and high cholesterol.

I still go out to eat at restaurants, usually at least once a week, with my friends or after a late night out, etc.

But, I monitor my blood sugar. I keep it under 130. If it goes up over 130, then I get strict on myself for awhile. My A1c numbers are good, my cholesterol is down, my blood pressue is back under control. This year my goal is to get off all the drugs. To do that, I have to walk 1/2 an hour every day. Pick an exercise you like and do it at least 1/2 an hour every day.

You can do this. You can still eat, just have to change what you eat and/or how much. Instead of eating a whole fried chicken, eat a baked thigh and leg or a breast, 3 servings of vegetables, have a roll and 2 cups of sugar free pudding made with low fat or carb smart milk. Get 8 hours sleep and 1/2 an hour exercise every day. You'll lose weight and feel better.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I seem to have somehow transformed into every other chubby, middle-aged, bespectacled white guy on the planet. How did this happen?! More importantly, who do I blame for it? :pissed:

This happens to many men. They tend to fall apart around 35 and have that first heart attack. After that they get busy, exercise, watch their diet, get hair plugs, etc.

I will say this - I'm 55. I'm not the best looking person on the planet but I see people who are a few years younger than me and I wonder what the hell happened to them. Of course, I already fell apart and put myself back together again.

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
Who do you blame?

Um....
I've seen how you live.
~shudders~

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
Thats how I roll.

Seriously, I know I need to cut back on the sugary treats, I don't eat fast food anymore(except for the occaisonal Chinese food), and I've increased my fruit and veggies intake, but I don't think I need to eliminate fast food/processed food completely.

Buy a diabetic cook book and try out some recipies.