The Blizzard of 2011

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
.. and at last, the weatherman now tells us that the temperatures will be in the lower 60's by the weekend! :dizzy:

eloisel

Forever Empress E
It was 75 degrees here today - sunny and very nice. Went to the pool and jumped around for an hour. Woo hoo!

starguard

OH GOODIE.. ANOTHER BLIZZARD IS COMING!!!!

As if the first one wasnt bad enough :mmph:

Up To 9 Inches Of Snow Coming

The pattern of off-and-on miserable weather will continue Thursday, with a snowstorm that could dump up to 9 inches in parts of the Chicago area.

A winter weather advisory is in effect for all Chicago area counties, beginning at 6 p.m. and ending at 9 a.m. Friday. A winter storm warning is in effect during that same period for areas to the south, including Jasper and Newton counties in Indiana, and Livingston, Iroquois and Ford counties in Illinois.

CBS 2 Meteorologist Megan Glaros says for most of the day, conditions will be cloudy and calm. But the snow will sweep in after dinner, and pick up significantly after midnight.

Glaros says accumulations in Cook County and most of the collar counties are expected to top out at 3 to 6 inches. The city itself can expect about 4 inches.

To the north in Lake and McHenry counties in Illinois and Kenosha County in Wisconsin, totals are expected at only 1 to 3 inches. But for areas to the south, including southern Lake and Porter counties in Indiana, and Kankakee County in Illinois, snow totals could top out at 6 to 9 inches.

Shovels will be a requirement when Friday morning comes around, and the Friday morning commute will be bad news.

Meanwhile, by the start of next week, the term "active weather pattern" is sure to be one of the most despised expressions in Chicago. Snow is also expected on Saturday, and light snow and rain on Sunday and Monday.

Bickendan

Shifty sumbitch
It snowed here in Portland. The media made claims of snowpocalypse; we got a dusting with no threats to the roads. We'll see what the night brings.

Bickendan

Shifty sumbitch
It's awful.

I mean it's like 65 degrees, there's maybe 10% cloud cover, and I think there was DEW on the streets this morning, adding a minute or two to my commute (or maybe it was just the lights). I might go for a hike...with a jacket...along the beach. I could get wind-burn or sun-burn, and you know, it might make me die in about 60 more years (shudder).

I love living in the SF Bay area. Earthquakes are only occasional events.
I heard tell that Samuel Clemens once said that the worst winter he ever had was in San Francisco... in the summer.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
^ That's due to the fog, wind, and cold. No snow, but tourists show up at the bay in shorts and end up buying parkas from the local tourist-traps.

Although we may have snow in SF this weekend, first time in about 35 years. My son and I are looking forward to it!

Consumer

Elder Statesman
No snow. Bleah.

starguard

Well, here we are on a Sunday afternoon...and so far all we recieved was a light dusting.. much of it has already melted away :mmph: