The Falcon and The Winter Soldier

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oh Agent Carter is a bad guy now. I guess Walker is working for the bad guys too?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Oh Agent Carter is a bad guy now. I guess Walker is working for the bad guys too?

JLD's character is a bad guy in the comics, though she was actually a good guy for a long time (Nick Fury's girlfriend) and retconned into being EVIL ALL ALONG later. She gives evil, or at least amoral, vibes in the show. Walker will probably continue to believe himself a hero while doing questionable things under her order.

CaptainWacky

Wakanda probably has some advanced statue making technology.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
This show sounds interesting. Because good villains should think they're the hero. I mean, think about it. Do you think Hitler got up every morning, brushed his teeth, shaved, and trimmed up that little moustache and then looked at the mirror and said "Boy, you're an evil cocksucker who's going to burn in Hell." No. He was like "You're an awesome guy who is making great sacrifices to save his country. You should be proud of yourself." IIRC, Ricardo Montalban played Khan like he was the hero.

CaptainWacky

See, because the MCU has given me a lot of entertainment over the years and because I'm a fan of the characters (from reading comics) I sometimes get defensive and try to explain away problems with the show or movies. With this show specifically, even though the Flagsmashers thing was a total mess I'd say "oh that's probably because of covid mandated script changes, can't be too hard on that lol" or whatever.

But now the showrunner and director are doing loads of interviews and confirming that the script wasn't actually changed by covid and what they shot was what they planned all along (and Walker was supposed to be a good guy at the end? In his new evil black suit?) and I feel stupid for jumping to their defense all that time. I guess at least it shows what a good job the cast did that they managed to carry a show ran by people who didn't seem to understand the story they were telling.

Last edited:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yeah, Walker was confusing at the end. He seemed like he had stopped being a jerk, but then he went to work for the evil lady anyway, but actually he really is a good guy now?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Again, he's inspired by USAgent from late 1980s comics. Cap got fed up with The Government and left so they brought in Walker. But Cap had problems with Walker so he came back as The Captain. Eventually he decides to be Cap again, fights Walker and wins and Walker takes the The Captain uniform and becomes USAgent. I'd explain it better but I wasn't a big Marvel (or Cap) fan in those days and even if I were 1980s Marvel storylines are hella convoluted, clunky, and awkward. That's one of the things I like about MCU: OK, I'm getting ahead of myself. Before MCU, when Marvel licensed characters like "The Punisher" the developers would often say "that's convoluted, clunky, and awkward." But they'd instead make some shitty compromise--making The Punisher an ex-cop who doesn't wear a skull emblem on his chest. But when MCU came along, they actually fixed things in a *good* way. Heck, even the later licensed movies. X-Men wasn't bad in the beginning; the Raimi Spidermans. If they made a 1989 Spiderman they'd be like "we have to get rid of the mask. No lead actor can be convincing in a full facemask." Tell that to Tobey MacGuire. Or The Mandalorian.