The Flash (movie)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
No, not the terrible tv show, the "actually looks good" movie starring a terrible person!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
It was hard to not actively masturbate during the Keaton Batman intro. The car. The cave. The "I'm Batman." You know what? I'm just gonna go get some lotion and I'll get back to you in a bit.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

I guess if I can excuse Norman Osbourne saying "you know, I'm something of a scientist myself" again in No Way Home I have to excuse Keaton's Batman repeating one of his famous lines here.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Everyone else has said it, might as well be him again.

I like the smile he gives them when they realise batman doesnt need a parachute.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Once the film is out someone needs to say the exact minute this scene happens so you arrive late and just join for the best bit.
This is set in a multiverse. Zod is the villain. CGI/Deepfake technology has come a long way. ...

If Christopher Reeve Superman shows up at some point and says "General, would you care to step outside?" I will scream and then cry tears of joy and go absolutely nuts.

CaptainWacky

Halle Berry Catwoan shows up and beats Zod with her SCENT POWERS or whatever.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Two things:
1) The other Flash's suit is a modified Keaton Bat-suit, (ears cut off, cape removed, etc) and
2) Now, every time I see the "where's your parachute?" bit, my brain goes HISHE: "I don't need a parachute. Wanna know why? BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!"

CaptainWacky

Bump for anyone who's seen it but can't find this thread.

CaptainWacky

I'll download it later.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

I watched this. It was okay. Better than Shazam 2. It has a lot of slapstick type stuff that you may or may not like (some of it worked, some didn't.) Ezra Miller did a decent job but having two of him together for much of the movie was a bit much (though I must of course praise how seamless it was.) The younger version got a bit annoying.

I think it suffers from the obsession with trying to get a shared universe going. The Wonder Woman cameo at the start was even weirder than the one in Shazam 2. Michael Keaton did a good job but...if you're going to have an older Batman then maybe have him fight and move like an older Batman? He just moved as a super-fast weightless CGI blur like everyone else and it made him feel like less of a character. Supergirl was hardly in it and I'm guessing they just shoved her in to set up a movie that will never happen. Was Michael Shannon de-aged or was it his face stretched on someone else's body or does he just look like that? I can't even tell anymore.

It works best when it focuses on Barry's story with his mom and the ending was fairly touching (well, not "George Clooney walking out of a Nespresso advert" ending.) If this was tv Barry the post credit scene would have been him going back in time to try to save his mother agian.

Last edited:

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I watched this. It was okay. Better than Shazam 2. It has a lot of slapstick type stuff that you may or may not like (some of it worked, some didn't.) Ezra Miller did a decent job but having two of him together for much of the movie was a bit much (though I must of course praise how seamless it was.) The younger version got a bit annoying.

I think it suffers from the obsession to try to get a shared universe going. The Wonder Woman cameo at the start was even weirder than the one in Shazam 2. Michael Keaton did a good job but...if you're going to have an older Batman then maybe have him fight and move like an older Batman? He just moved as a super-fast CGI blur like everyone else and it made him feel like less of a character. Supergirl was hardly in it and I'm guessing they just shoved her in to set up a movie that will never happen. Was Michael Shannon de-aged or was it his face stretched on someone else's body or does he just look like that? I can't even tell anymore.

It works best when it focuses on Barry's story with his mom and the ending was fairly touching (well, not "George Clooney walking out of a Nespresso advert" ending.) If this was tv Barry the post credit scene would have been him going back in time to try to save his mother agian.
They should have used TV Barry. Ezra Miller's Flash was worse than John Walker's Captain America.

CaptainWacky

I can't imagine Grant Gustin would ever want to play the character again after 9 seasons of mostly crying.

CaptainWacky

Also, while I know it was just a stupid joke, doesn't the Clooney ending mean Barry isn't in his original timeline aymore and it wansn't really his father who he saved from prison?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Why would Clooney batman have the same phone number?

How is he batman with a beard?

Does he not look like Bruce Wayne enough without having Bruce Wayne's beard as well?