The Marvels 2023

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Sure does!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Ms. Marvel was the best Phase 4 project and I look forward to seeing Kamala again in this! It's a well done teaser trailer.

Does seems really early though as the movie doesn't come out until November but I'm not a MARKETING EXPECT.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Brie Larson continues to wear vests!

The Question

Eternal
I thought they pulled this due to not wanting to drop any more turds.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Well, they've got "Bolivian White and the 7 Racially Diverse Mixed Gender Magical Creatures of Assorted Heights" greenlit and in the pipeline for 2024, so I guess not.

The Question

Eternal
Well, they've got "Bolivian White and the 7 Racially Diverse Mixed Gender Magical Creatures of Assorted Heights" greenlit and in the pipeline for 2024, so I guess not.
Fair point, though I'm hopeful they'll flush that floater, as well. I'm pretty sure that even with the stolen title, nobody's going to pay to watch that.

CaptainWacky

I predict this will do relatively well and only lose $100 million.

The first Captain Marvel made 1.1 billion (and is the 31st highest grossing movie of all time), this won't make as much obviously with the MCU not as hot and being post covid, but even if it makes a third of that it isn't going to lose a hundred million dollars (unless they've seriously blown the budget.)

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Nah, a movie about 3 racially diverse chick superheroes no one's heard of and have lame powers and their racially diverse chick villain that no one cares about should be a box-office goldmine. :marathon:

[EDITED TO ADD:] While we're on the topic, the Infinity War arc was a brilliant strategy for their first series of movies, but I think it actually hurt the franchise in the long run--even if the studio hadn't gotten increasingly woke. At first it was cool, seeing Iron Man and Captain America and Thor and The Hulk and how it all fit together. But eventually it gets to the point where you're like "Jesus, I guess I gotta go see 'Ant Man' and 'Dr. Strange' and chick 'Captain Marvel' so I don't miss out on something important to the story." You start to resent it. So once it's all wrapped up, 1) they've burned up all the big name heroes. Iron Man is Dead. Captain America is old and retired. So there like, "here's Ching Chang and the 5 Rings! Here's Elementals! They're interesting and cool!" But they're not. Meanwhile, you don't want to go for fear that you're going to get roped into another decade of having to go see all these movies so you don't miss out on the Big Story. On top of all that you're stuck with all the DEI that they're determined to cram into what are literally comic book stories.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

ronald mcdonald omg GIF by McDonald's CZ/SK

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I fully expect this will be the second most popular MCU movie starring an actress named after a cheese.

CaptainWacky

Bump for anyone who's seen it but can't find this thread.

The first Captain Marvel made 1.1 billion (and is the 31st highest grossing movie of all time), this won't make as much obviously with the MCU not as hot and being post covid, but even if it makes a third of that it isn't going to lose a hundred million dollars (unless they've seriously blown the budget.)

Well, I guess I undersetimated how much people are turning against the MCU as it isn't tracking well (and to be fair TO ME I think I made that post before Secret Invasion sucked.)