The Suicide Squad

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I haven't watched any of those movies, but I kinda want to watch this one. It looks fun.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I guess there's a second trailer already for some reason.

The rat girl is cute.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Bump for anyone who's seen it but can't find this thread (it's out now in the UK; US and HBO Max next week.)

CaptainWacky

I watched it, it was enjoyable enough. The Starro stuff was the best part for me, liked how it looked and the creepiness of the possessed starfish people. It was a big CGI finale that didn't disappoint.

Cena and Elba were amusing together but both characters (especially Peacemaker) felt like they could have done with a bit more background information.

Margot Robbie was fun as always as Harley and I enjoyed her big fight scene...but she was so separate from the main storyline that it felt like you could have left her out the movie and it wouldn't have made much difference? But I like her.

The opening scene was amusing but Deadpool 2 kind of already did the same gag. I didn't really laugh out loud but most of the humour was smile worthy. Actually thought one of the funniest bits was when Elba kept putting more and more extensions on his gun.

Capaldi was underused, he didn't even do anything super intelligent. I did like when he swore as it reminded me of Malcolm.

King Shark was basically Groot but he got to kill people in even more brutal ways so that was good.

Overall it was a lot of enjoyable stuff that didn't really come together into anything larger, for me. It didn't have the emotional heights of the Guardians movies, but to be fair it wasn't trying to. This was much more cynical (poor Polka Dot Man.) Maybe I prefer less cynical.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

I liked her; she was nice and the rat was cute when it offered a leaf!

CaptainWacky

Margot Robbie is pretty.

CaptainWacky

I'll watch this probably.

Then I'll bump this thread every week saying "I watched this" in a vain attempt to get people to reply.

CaptainWacky

I thought the opening scene of TSS was somewhat reminiscent of that movie.

CaptainWacky

It looks fun!

I hope they deal with him murdering Flag though.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I liked it a lot, although when Harley was killing all the soldiers it looked a lot like a couple of them shot her, one on full auto.

Also why does her nose bleed black?

CaptainWacky

She's crazy!