They Should Make a Judge Dredd Movie

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
They should make a lot of things that don't suck.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I'm probably being a bit harsh because the Stallone movie is actually a lot of fun in its own cheeseball way. It's very watchable.

I just want to see a Dredd movie tried again with a more dystopian noirish feel.

CaptainWacky

I haven't read much Dredd but it seems like fertile ground to grow a movie on, yes.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I totally agree. With Judge Death. Dredd is a miserable fuck who should make a great anti-hero. I wasn't against Stallone playing him, they just got the character wrong.

Ron Perlman would be great, with that chin and profile.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
My babysitter (when I was but a wee nipper) had tons of 2000AD comics and she left them to me so I've been reading Dredd for as long as I can remember. I recently downloaded some of the "epic scope" story lines from Demonoid that I haven't read.

I got all the Judge Child, Necropolis, Cursed Earth stuff as well just for the sake of it even though I've read them all but some of the newer stuff has been pretty good as well..

I agree that Perlman would be a great casting choice as well.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I've been getting all the collected works they've been releasing - up to book 12 now. Awesome. My best mate used to be an avid fan from Junior school and up, and he finally got me into it after we bumped into each other shortly after coming out of Uni. I sure missed some quality back then.

Yub

Anachrophobic
I used to collect 2000 A.D. back in the day. The price stopped me in the end. And foolish young idiot 19 year old me decided there wasn't much point keeping them if I wasn't going to collect them anymore, so I threw them all, over 600 progs, in the bin.

I could seriously go back and hit my younger self with a cricket bat in the head, hard.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I did the same with my UK run of Transformers comics. I had a full run, and ditched all but the first 10 issues.

CaptainWacky

I've still got the last 100 or so Transformers in the attic of somewhere. SIMON FURMAN FOR THE WIN.

CaptainWacky

He still does Transformers but even by reading wikis I still can't make sense of the continuity, so I haven't read much of them.

HE COULD BRING BACK HELEN DANIELS CORRUPTED BY THE DARK ENERGY IN HAROLD BISHOP'S TUBA BUT THEN PAUL ROBINSON FLIES INTO HER MOUTH HOLDING HANNAH MARTIN AND CLEANSES HER.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
HANNAH MARTIN TO TRANSFORM INTO BACKPACKER ON ONE EPISODE OF CORONATION STREET DURING COMMONWEALTH GAMES IN MANCHESTER THEN NEVER APPEAR AGAIN DUE TO CONFUSING CONTINUITY ISSUES??

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Harold Bishop should play Judge Dredd.

r6exjo6twgw8atb9p9ql.jpg

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Ron Perlman stars in a show called Sons of Anarchy, which I've somehow managed to miss the entire first season.

CaptainWacky

George RR Martin was behind the Beauty and the Beast series (starring Ron Perlman)

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Hy Menty, now do the same with Ron Perlman and let's see how right it will look.