Thread that Tomtrek can't resist correcting

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
So, I was watching bladerunner the other night and I was thinking about the original novel by Phil Dick. So in that book (Do androids dream of electricity?) there are some key differences.

Deckard is married in the book, to a woman obsessed with a bontempi organ. I'm not sure about that last bit. Anyway, the epiphany ends up him being with his wife rather than Rachel Rosenberg.

Why do you think he ends up with his wife, rather than the robot? and why did they kill the robot goat? I think the toad would have been better to kill.

This also leads me to the DC comic version that was released. That was just shit.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I might be thinking of a different Phil A Dick novel, but wasn't Totalrecall (starring Robert Picard, who I think played Doctor Who once) also based off of the Electrical Sheep thing? It was either that or some other movie that had so little in common with the source material (as Blade Runners did) that you'd never know the two stories were originally one.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Your thinking of David Tennement, who stared in that series Great Yarmouth before he played Doctor who in 2001

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
He's always been my favourite tv starer. Very piercing eyes.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Tomtrek destroyed his keyboard rather than reply to this thread.

(Natalie Portman is better looking than Michelle Trachtenberg.)