Today's Special Breed of "Americans"

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
They only represent a very small minority, but what do you think of them :hmmm:

It's not as shocking as it used to be.

Fearmongering by the press to keep us busy in times of woe. Desperately scrounging for scraps of materiel to keep people engaged. Bottom of the barrel intrepid reporting.

Those idiots have as much press as we give them. It makes me wonder what would happen if nobody followed them around with cameras and mikes.

My guess? They'd be marginalized like they should be.

ToeRag

Fucked Bunny
americans ? they're morons aren't they ? i thought everyone knew that

Donovan

beer, I want beer
We have cultivated a generation where getting fame and attention is desired above all other things like dignity and common sense. The right youtube moment can net instant fortune and notoriety. These people crave attention, same as that dick with the koran burning scheme.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
They're just kindling for the coming fire, imo

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Unfortunately, I think they are sincere in their beliefs. They practice their right of free speech. They are non-violent. And they admit they want the attention because it gets their message out. They go everywhere too - from the small venue to the large. They are equal opportunity friendly.

They are trolls.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
Those idiots have as much press as we give them. It makes me wonder what would happen if nobody followed them around with cameras and mikes.

In the case of the Phelps crowd, I don't think so. I think they'd move on to bigger things. This Phelps guy is a Timothy McVeigh in the making.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
In the case of the Phelps crowd, I don't think so. I think they'd move on to bigger things. This Phelps guy is a Timothy McVeigh in the making.

More like a David Koresh...or Jim Jones (shudder).

Remember: Sheep are herded. Goats are lead.
(with apologies to Terry Prachett)

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018

Actually i agree with you about Phelps and crew. With their 'free speech' always skirting the line of hate crime, I have a feeling the powers that be have a thumb on them. Maybe even (hopefully) in their ranks at some level.

I'm sure they're tapped. As well they should be.

The Question

Eternal
It's not as shocking as it used to be.

Fearmongering by the press to keep us busy in times of woe. Desperately scrounging for scraps of materiel to keep people engaged. Bottom of the barrel intrepid reporting.

They're an Alinsky. The media follows them around and passes them off with, "You don't want to be religious/conservative/anything-less-than-a-borscht-eating-Soviet-wannabe. You don't want to be THESE guys!"

Fuck the Westboro Baptists, whether they're genuine or not, and fuck the media (traditional and new) for using them as Strawmen of conservatism, and fuck every slow-witted jackass who falls for the Strawman.

The Question

Eternal
Actually i agree with you about Phelps and crew. With their 'free speech' always skirting the line of hate crime, I have a feeling the powers that be have a thumb on them. Maybe even (hopefully) in their ranks at some level.

I'm sure they're tapped. As well they should be.

Oh, and fuck "hate" crime as well, the whole concept. Until someone can show me a loving way to rob, rape, assault or murder somebody, there's no such fucking thing. "Hate" crime is just a concept advanced in order to give some victims of crime special consideration over other victims of the same crime.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Oh, and fuck "hate" crime as well, the whole concept. Until someone can show me a loving way to rob, rape, assault or murder somebody, there's no such fucking thing. "Hate" crime is just a concept advanced in order to give some victims of crime special consideration over other victims of the same crime.

I should have been more clear. I meant 'hate crime' as viewed by law enforcement.

You'll not catch me stating any individual or group is the victim of a 'hate' crime.