Top 100 Female Sci-Fi / Fantasy TV / Film Characters Discussion Thread

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Why don't you add some yourself to show us all the way, Tomtrek.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
We should get Tomtrek a velvet smoking jacket so that when he is in a huff we can imagine him wearing it like some kind of P G Woodhouse character.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Gwen DeMarco (thanks IMDb)

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I'm jus' sayin' that if she were a truly good and memorable character then we'd all be able to remember her name without looking it up!

Love Child

One Love
Even tho Mentalist already posted it as # 9 I just wanted to put my favorite quotes from LeeLoo from the 5th Element on this page! I used to have sound bites on my computer of here saying, "Bada boom go big boom" or something like that.

Love Child; said:
#NON Existent

Name:
LeeLoo

Movie: 5th Element

1402.imgcache.jpg

Quote:
Leeloo: Everything you create, you use to destroy.
Korben Dallas: Yeah, we call it human nature.
Leeloo: Me fifth element - supreme being. Me protect you.
Leeloo: I don't know love. I was built to protect not to love, so there is no use for me other than this.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Alright, I'm about to add someone I think is from a fantasy film, though it's not really classified as one. I'll take the heat. :)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It's ok, I added someone from a STOOPID CARTOON FOR KIDZ OMG/sophisticated, animated adult scifi drama.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
There are still a few great anime women (well, they're female anyway) that probably won't make it: the Major in Ghost in the Shell SAC; Fujiko in Lupin the III; and maybe Lust in Fullmetal Alchemist. BUT OH WELL.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
How could I forget LUST and MAJOR!!??!! ARGH I R STOOPID

Speaking of GITS, I can listen to that soundtrack all day.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I know this might be a radicle idea, what with it being the top 100 and everything, but why dont we just carry on see how many we can add to that 100?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Maybe someone could list some more here and we'll see if they're good suggestions, or just random female scifi characters that are being thought up off the top of heads. I wrote a list on the first page, which included Farscape's Zahn and Red Dwarf's female Holly.

Zahn obviously didn't stick around too long, but she was rather mysterious and interesting. And certainly memorable, so that's my justification for that one.

And then Holly was a daft computer that seems like a distinctive enough character to make the list, although you could debate whether she counts as a female.

Eggs mentioned whatshername from Ghost in the Shell, which is a good one. And I'd probably add Asuka Langley Sohryu from Evangelion since again, she's pretty distinctive, with a fiery temper, complex issues and isn't just a random background character who happens to have tits.

whisky

Boobie inspector
We are posting in a friendly forum on a BBS called Troll Kindom, not sticking to the format is what this place is all about.