True Blood 2x05 Never Let Me Go (spoilers)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
TISIPHONE?!!! I don' tknow the name of the episode :rwmad:

Just a so so episode, anyway. Some stuff was interesting but seemed like it was dragging a bit.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The Eric flashback was the best part, by a mile. The rest was meh. They made a big deal about going to Dallas for weeks (and people who've read the books kept going "THEY'RE GOING TO DALLAS NOW, SQUEEE!" on IMDB) but all they've done so far is sit in a hotal room that could be in any city. Sookie going undercover with the God nuts could be interesting as she'll bump into Jason, but given the pace of the show that won't happen for another four episodes.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I wanted them to show Hoyt and Jessica on the phone more :rwmad: I think it's about time he moved out of his mom's house, lol.

Wacky, I think the name of this episode is "Never Let Me Go" if you want to edit the title of the thread AGAIN.. season 2 episode 5, like Tis usually does.

CaptainWacky

Yeah, Jessica wasn't in it enough.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I gotta catch up! Jessica seems like an interesting character, and it's obvious she and Hoyt will hook up (I haven't read any of these threads or spoilers for season 2).

Big Dick McGee

Just finished this episode, and I agree the best parts were Eric's backstory, and the Hoyt-Jessica subplot.

Of course, the biggest shocker was Bill's maker, Lorena, showing up at the very end! (This isn't a spoiler, if you've been paying attention you recognize her.)

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Sorry about that, Cassie. Been sick as a dog and now feel about 65% myself again. :) THanks for starting the thread, though. To reiterate how sick I was, I just now finally saw the episode last night!!!

It was fairly good. Backstory with Eric was cool, and it should be interesting to see how Godric is now as opposed to what he was all those centuries ago. Does he still see himself as death?

I guess what's her face thinks Jason's the second coming, huh? "Mary washed Jesus's feet."

Hopefully Jason & Sookie will meet up in the next two episodes with her going undercover, even if him being at the FOTS wasn't part of the books. But from what I can remember...

She gets caught (betrayed) fairly quick, so I don't see the undercover aspect going on too long. Also, will that little scene on the bed with Bill and his maker be what the writers use to cause a rift between Sookie & Bill, opening the door for Eric?

Big Dick McGee

Since I d/l the eps, I don't get the sneak previews for the upcoming eps. Is the scene you referred to in your spoiler tag shown in those previews?

Man, I need to get HBO. Now that I'm caught up, waiting for d/l sucks.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
That's from the book, I think.

Big Dick McGee

Oh, ok. I've been reading Dead Until Dark, I'm about 85 pages in, and I'm a little peeved that they haven't introuduced Lafayette!! It's pretty good, though the first couple of episodes of True Blood seem to follow the book almost exactly.

Honestly, I'm liking True Blood better than the book (so far), because as you all know the book is from Sookie's perspective, so we don't get to see much of Jason, Sam, etc. it's a bit boring.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Lafayette isn't a big character in the books.

This is what happens to him in the book, it is completely different than what happens on the show. Don't click it, unless you don't care about being spoiled for the books. SRSLY.

In the book, it's Lafayette who dies, not the voodoo lady.

Big Dick McGee

^^I should be done the first one by Monday. When will it be safe to click on the above??

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I think you find out right at the beginning of Living Dead in Dallas.

Big Dick McGee

Okely dokley. I think I heard that Lafayette dies er sumtin.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
DO YOU WANT ME TO CONFIRM OR DENY?

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
NEITHER CONFIRM NOR DENY!
SRSLY, if I dont get caught up on True Blood SOON, I will...do something drastic!!!!!!!!!!

CaptainWacky

Oh, that was Bill's maker at the end? I didn't even realise. I was wondering why some random vampire with her thangs out was the cliffhanger.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Same here, I guessed I was supposed to recognise her, but couldn't think where from. In the end I decided the actress had probably been in something else I watch. ;)

So Eric and Bill are gonna meet their makers, who they must follow orders from, right? I suppose they'll be pitted against eachother?

I didn't actually mind the slowish pace of this ep, maybe because I read your comments first so I was expecting it. They're still taking the thing with Ro Laren way too slow, but I like the bits with Jason. It stretches credibility a little that he would be taken in so easily by the cult, so a faster pace than this would make it beyond belief.

More Hoyt and Jessica please.

curiousa2z

well Bill's maker would be weearing modern clothes so I reckon you wouldnt make the association - after all, we only saw here in the what second or third ep of last year, wasnt it?
AND NO I STILL HAVENT SEEN BOOHATTING EPS 4 and 5!!!!
asfgr!

curiousa2z

OK, I may be missing ALL the boohatting HBO eps, but I am now leaving to read DEAD AND GONE. happy happy happy!