True Blood 4x07 "Cold Grey Light of Dawn"

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
because the writers wanted to drive home the point of Hoyt not being involved in vampire affairs and Jessica falling in love w/ Jason and Jason being the hero of the day would be my guess.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Or they could've left town. It seems the spell is only effective within Bon Temps.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Oh yeah, another point no one made: I hope no one's going to defend Tara after this. She literally attempted to aid in genocide (okay it was just the one town FOR NOW but I'm sure the scale will increase soon.) Sure she nearly got killed by Pam and Eric, but what have Jessica and that fat black woman vampire ever done to her?

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
yeah, that's something I didn't get. Bill sent a lot of his underlings away, didn't he? Why did he make his sheriffs as well as a few selected ppl stay? It's not like they are able to do anything against the witch during the day, anyway.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
^Agh, I was replying to Fuddlemiff.

Wacky, I think that was completely in tune with how Tara was portrayed throughout the whole show. Kinda like Jason was joining the FOTS, but instead out of stupidity, she does it because she's badly traumatized. Doesn't make it right, but kinda understandable.

CaptainWacky

It's like when Magneto turns aruond Stryker's plan at the end of X2 to kill all the humans.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I like Tara, and think she's kinda kick ass now. Remember Franklin?

[YOUTUBE]LpdNe6wkY4s[/YOUTUBE]

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I'd rather Franklin was still in the show than Tara.

True Blood looks pretty cool in black and white, though!

CaptainWacky

So if Franklin had been a human rapist would she have tried to kill all humans?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I have to say that, while watching Tara, I totally understood it too. The vamps are the stars of the show, but I still allow for the possibility that it's okay for people in the world to want them all gone. They're the good guys and the bad guys at the same time.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
So if Franklin had been a human rapist would she have tried to kill all humans?
All males, more likely. But then again, the writers already used a stereotype by turning her gay, so I guess that one wasn't needed...

But, look, it wasn't only Franklin. There was also Lafayette being tortured by Vamps and Sookie who was almost killed by Bill. It's not like she ever had a positive experience with vampires. Her reaction is a very common one, in fact, it is at the heart of many prejudices ppl have, so it kinda makes sense to depict Tara that way.

That, and what Eggs said.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
YES. She's about the only character on the show based on some kind of reality.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I get where Tara's coming from, but it's annoying that the writers keep using her as a punchbag. Every time they need something really terrible to happen to a character, it's her. And then we hear her being stroppy and miserable again and the same old speeches. All the other characters have varied storylines.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yeah, they've carried on with the angry damaged black woman thing too long. They should let her grow and change a bit more. That's one of the things I like more about her this year, at least she's kicking some ass OR SOMETHING.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It's tough for the character and the actress though. She's a regular, so she has to show up in almost every episode doing things with the other characters.

But simple logic dictates that anyone in Tara's position would have told Sookie to fuck off ages ago, grabbed Lafayette and moved as far away as possible.

Instead, the writers keep piling on the crap and making her suffer, and making her seem stupid for sticking around. If I were that actress, I'd be having a long talk with the writers.

CaptainWacky

Maybe she could use some of her CAGE FIGHTING skills on the writers!

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
well, considering her role in the books, I guess as an actress she's glad to get the work in a highly expanded part...it prolly only bugs us.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I hope Sook kicks her ass.