True Blood "Evil's Going On"

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Or something like that. My guide doesn't give titles anymore. Bastards.

Thoughts? I'll wait until most of you have seen it.

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Meh. The narrative was too disjointed and really suffered from too many entirely unrelated plot lines going on at once.

Yub

Anachrophobic
1. Russell isn't dead! YAY!

2. Sookie's seriously pissing me off. She's been irritating me for weeks now, but she was in full blown brat mode tonight. Bill is nothing short of her servant and she pisses on him. Not to mention heaps of other completely childish bullshit she's been doing.

3. Who does Hoyt's mum think she's gonna shoot? I hope Jessica rips off her head.

4. It felt less like a series finale and more like a regular episode. The upshot there is WE HAVE TO WAIT LONGER, DAMN YOU TRUE BLOOD WRITING STAFF.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I gotta disagree about Sookie. She's finally showing the gumption she has in the books. When she poured "Talbot" down the drain, I laughed my ass off. I don't think she's being bratty; she's realizing that the people she thought cared for her have been using her.

I'm with you on how it felt like a regular episode. I mean, the ending wasn't as jaw-dropping as the previous finales, and it sets up s4 nicely, but it was just kinda "huh?"

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
well this is fabulous. there are no links for it this morning, either on sidereel or surfthe channel. thanks a bunch for doing this for the finale, motherfuckingwhores of stupidity-laden-jerkskillyourselves and dieina fire. fuck!!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I liked the set up for Lafayette and Jesus next season. I HOPE WE SEE LOTS OF GAY WITCHES.

I don't like the set up for more Arlene devil baby nonsense next season.

I really don't think Sam killed his little brother, probably just winged him.

Jason and the inbred werepanthers could be lots of fun, so I'm tentatively hopeful about all that. Maybe he'll get them all to bathe and brush their teeth!

Why wouldn't Eric just go ahead and kill Russel? I mean, I know he wants Russel to suffer, but that was kinda stupid. Also, Bill was stupid for thinking he could just pour concrete over Eric and be done with it.

curiousa2z

HAPPY NOW that I saw the ep, perhaps less so with the ep itself....

^agreed...silly if Eric is on the one hand telling Godric he will never forgive and then OTOH letting Russell live to PLOT REVENGE ON THEM ALL.

Tara leaves town! we didnt see THAT with her "Goodbye" to Sookie....

ugh Arlene and devil baby...maybe Jesus and Lafayette Save her.

Hoyt's mum is a sharp-shooter now?

Jesus is a bruja! whoot! this could be fun, agreed.

Bill commits suicide by Vampire Queen? doubtful.

Oh, jesus writers give Jason a brain, or better lines or something. I'm starting to cringe everytime he has a scene now.

kinda meh on this one folks....[.but stll glad to finally see it! Thanks again, Dual!]

And Sookie GOES INTO THE LIGHT - and now the writers will have to come up with a good reason for her to leave it next season! LOL

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
If Hoyt's mom kills Hoyt or Jessica I will be pissed. There aren't enough really good characters on the show to be getting rid of the sweet cute ones. OF course that is probably what's going to happen, can't have Jessica and Hoyt being all happy for very long.

curiousa2z

Hoyt's mum will try and shoot Jessica, Hoyt will leap in front to save her, be mortally wounded and the only way to save him will be if jessica turns him! take that Bitch Mama!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
That would be kinda great!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
"Perfunctory" comes to mind as a word to describe this season finale. It was all setup/cliffhanger, and all business. Should be an interesting 4th season at least.

Arlene's demon baby = fail. Also Jason becoming Father Goose to the wolfbillies.

I like that Sookie shook off the vamps for a while. She's the heroine, and the way their universe is set up doesn't provide for a happy ending between her and Bill or almost any vamp. If they manufacture one, it will be a shark-jump IMO.
Oh, jesus writers give Jason a brain, or better lines or something. I'm starting to cringe everytime he has a scene now.
INORITE? Or at least make him naked more often. If he's always stupid and always dressed, his character ceases to have a purpose on the show.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
All the way through I kept second guessing myself... maybe I misread all that stuff about this being the finale?

If it'd been a regular episode, it would've been one of the better ones, but as a finale it fell rather flat. And as Dual says, it was just too disjointed and had too many extraneous storylines taking up time. I like the Hoyt/Jessica, Lafayette/Jesus and Sam/Tommy storylines individually, but in a finale I expect the central characters to take up the bulk of the screentime, instead of having very rushed scenes with betrayals and alliances popping up and getting shot down every few seconds.

The big reveal at the end about Bill's actions in the pilot ep should've been really dramatic and shocking, but somehow it didn't really work. And I was a bit confused about how Eric escaped the concrete. Didn't Bill stick around to make sure it was set? Surely he wouldn't have taken any chances that Eric would escape and be able to take his inevitable revenge? Oh and what was with the voice mimicry? That was a bit random.

Oh well. It wasn't a terrible episode, just not what it could have been.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Pam got Eric out of the concrete, I was a little confused too, but then it sunk in that Pam was complaining about having cement in her hair.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Yeah, that didn't feel like a finale at all. I complained two weeks ago about the eleventh episode being mostly set-up for the fourth season, but this was even worse. Okay, it looks like there will be some interesting stuff next year (Lafayette being able to see people's secrets is pretty cool) but shouldn't they have maybe conluded THIS season's storylines in a more satisfying manner? And how can we get excited for season four when it'll probably be all about setting up how AWESOME season five is going to be!

I liked the part where Sookie flushed Talbot's remains away and laughed evily (is she going to start giving evil looks to camera next?) and I'm glad Russel is still alive (BIT LIKE ANGEL BEING SUNK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN BY CONNOR, EH?) but they really should have done something with him in these two episodes after the awesome "and now the weather" scene in episode ten.

Don't care about Arlene, don't care if Thingy is dead, don't care about Sam since he's a totally different character now, glad Tara's gone but she'll just come back, Bill is just another psycho stalker like Franklin really and dind't we already know the Queen sent him? I hope the Queen isn't dead because she's really really good looking and the bit with her and Bill flying was lame.

Liked the Joyt scene and Curiousa is probably right that he'll die and become a vamp.

Jason is king of the rednecks? Meh.

Buffy season three pissed all over this. ;)

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yeah that really was all over the place. I mean they should've wrapped up some of the minor plotlines like Sam/Tommy or the Jason/Redneck thing or Tara's haircut up last episode and spent more time in actually doing something cool with the main plot.

Plus did we really need like five scenes of "Tara looks a bit sad" and then ONE FUCKING SCENE of Jessica? The Tara/Jessica ratio this season has been utter shit as I just don't care about Tara in any way at all but yet Jessica is actually an interesting character (who just happens to be the cutest thing) and yet all she's really done this season is break up and with get back together with Hoyt.

EDIT: But I liked it when Evan Rachel Wood was there and Bill was all "I WILL FIGHT YOU VAMPIRE QUEEN" and she was all "BullSHIT!" and they like flew in the air that was awesome.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Pam got Eric out of the concrete, I was a little confused too, but then it sunk in that Pam was complaining about having cement in her hair.

Ooooh, right. When she said that I thought it meant that she'd been put in concrete as well. I wonder how she knew Eric needed saving, though. Maybe the telepathic link works both ways.

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
Bill stole Erics phone, called someone pretending to be Eric (voice mimic) and ordered him/her to kill Pam. But of course Pam was too strong for him/her and she saved Eric. The whole thing smelled like plot hole patch.... why dont they just blame it on a spatial anomaly and have it over with! bah....

I'm trying hard to like Sookie (I don't)... I'm trying to like Bill (he's like a bad parody of a villian). I like Lafayette and Jessica and thats it! It's season 3, the characters should be developed enough that we dont see the actors... I'm still seeing actors in most of them.

bah...

:voodoo:
mm