True Blood - "I Smell A Rat"

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Pure soap opera. Wind-up to the last 2 episode payoff. Filler. Not well written or directed. Threw a real Sookie-Eric kiss at us to distract.

Meh.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Of course, I could be wrong. I've been wrong before.

Yub

Anachrophobic
I'll let you know if you are when my regular guy uploads.

That sounds so gay.

Cinch

Axe Wielding Maniac
I agree that it wasn't the most impressive episode ever. However....

I quite liked the ending. Viking god-esque vampires should collar and chain pretty girls in their dungeons more often.

I appreciated seeing more of Sam's back story and I was wondering how long it would take for a panther to show its face. The reveal was a little weak on that one though. Russell's goodbye, while twisted, was touching. I wanted to hug Terry and jab Arlene with a fork. That woman is damned hard to have any sympathy for.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
^Arlene is even worse in the books.

I think I know what Eric is planning on doing with Sookie though, but I'll leave that to my own head. And am I the only one who thought the beginning was rather abrupt?

And Tommy likes it dirty and rough and is easily turned on. MY KINDA GUY

Yub

Anachrophobic
Best bits:

The whole V shaman vision quest thing. GAY WITCHES LOL

Hoyt punching Tommy in the face. Jumped up little prick had to go dog on him. I hope Hoyt knocks the shit out of him. The yelp as he was thrown away by Jessica was also gratifying.

Other good stuff:

blah blah vampire emergency blah

TERRY IS THE MAN. His taste in women is completely FUBAR, tho. I'm wondering how long Arlene has left to live, what with her pissing off vampires left and right and messing around with Wiccans who are obviously closet evil nutcases.

But yes, Eggs was right. Total soap minor plot development could have missed it if you weren't a complete fan episode. They're trying to build the "why can't I trust Bill?" thing, but it doesn't hold the same mystery as "what are you?" now does it?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
But yes, Eggs was right. Total soap minor plot development could have missed it if you weren't a complete fan episode. They're trying to build the "why can't I trust Bill?" thing, but it doesn't hold the same mystery as "what are you?" now does it?
Not to mention the answer to "what are you" landed like a wet fart in the first 5 seconds.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
blah blah vampire emergency blah !!! I love Pam.

ok - so lead up to Jesus & Lafayette coming from long lines of powerful healers/shamans and one practioner of the dark arts....more story line coming.

Tommy is really the product of his upbringing, isnt he? Little bastard. He needs watching.....we havent seen the last bit of mischief out of him, you wait and see.

Glad Jessica and Hoyt finally back together.

Eric wont hurt Sookie so what's the Plan. We know Eric has one. He always does.

More Trauma for Tara.

Annnnd Jason gets a surprise! meow!

I didnt totally hate this ep - but yes, now for the next installments. MOAR PLZ!!!

Crap, do we really only have two more eps left? :(

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I predict (based on the previews for next week) that Eric will drain Sookie to the point of near death and then go out in the daylight to stake Russel or something like that. I really don't know why they're going with the "Sookie can't trust Bill" THING. Obviously he is a vampire and therefore a little untrustworthy to begin with, but does he really want to harm Sookie? Is he gonna try to take her light?

I really liked the Jessica & Hoyt bits, and the Jesus & Lafayette bits. Need more of both, PLS.

I wish Sookie would dump Bill and get with Eric for awhile, but obviously Bill is a much more important character in the show than he should be. The attraction between Sookie and Eric is fun, though. Maybe they'll always have this lust for each other but never act on it, just to keep the fans wanting more.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Agreed, not much happened really, but I still enjoyed it. Kinda seemed like they weren't sure how to pad it out, since the Lafayette dream sequence went on for about twice as long as he's even in most episodes, on top of him being in a couple of other small scenes as usual.

I guess Eric's got Sookie locked up in the dungeon so he can lure Edgington down there? Maybe he and Pam will siphon off her blood over a few days so he can survive in sunlight and then blow a hole in Fangtasia to let the light in and kill Edgington.

Hoyt smacking Tommy was fantastic. I think I cheered! And Terry's so sweet. What's he doing with that annoying cow?

When Jason heard some commotion in another room at the end I half expected him to find Tara swinging from a rope. The writers really don't like her, huh? :D

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Spoilers just in case:

There's a picture of Sookie on the Fang table being drained by both Eric and Russell. My thinking is that Eric will have Russell feed on her enough to make him think he can go out in the sunlight, then watch him burn his ass!

And yes, I too enjoyed watching Hoyt smack the shit outta Tommy. Just cuz Hoyt is sweet don't mean he won't womp that ass.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Yeah that was a bit of a letdown after last week's awesome ending. Does Russell actually have any kind of plan or is he just going to go around being weird? I thought he'd try to take over the world with his werewolf army or something.

Sam's backstory was a bit weird. I don't remember it ever being hinted that he'd killed a hot girl and a guy before. And he was a bank robber? Okay...

Glad Joyt seems to be back on. It was funny when Jessica threw Tommy into the bushes.

The V scene seemed to go on a bit too long but I suppose it gave us some backstory.

I wonder if Tara will get drunk/try to kill herself. She's never done that before!

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
I know Sam's feeling pretty dark with all these flash backs - but will he realise Tommy tried to chew up Hoyt? And how will he react, if so? Hoyt would have been seriously hurt(and what is wrong with everyone's hearing in that bar? they never hear people getting kidnapped or beaten up or screaming as dogs maul them!)if not killed outright if Jessica hadnt run out when she did....

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I liked this episode! Sure it was mostly character stuff but the Gay V Trip was cool and Hoyt punched Tommy which was awesome because fuck Tommy HOYT AND JESSICA FOREVER.

Although Jessica does look hot with fangs.

CaptainWacky

Fanger banger.

Ishcabittle

I loved it. Even slow eps are good for me, they are certainly more entertaining than the rest of the drek on TV.

Yub

Anachrophobic
Either my screen or the resolution on that makes her look like she's got some strange skin disease.

CaptainWacky

IT'S YOUR EYES