True Blood Season 5

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
can't believe I have been so effing busy I've missed my TB! This WILL be corrected. Exams are almost done for the poor high schoolers (AKA my paying clients) and then I can have an orgy of catch-up viewing.

btw, not minding spoilers at all. Trying to picture Tara as a vamp....

curiousa2z

oh, and Reverend Newlin as a gay Christian vampire - a big resounding NO.

Please tell me that was just someone's bad dream....

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
He's actually been quite funny so far! And the way he's trying to ingratiate himself to Chris Meloni should provide some gooey, tragicomic end for him later in the season, LOL.

curiousa2z

hmmm...funny was not what I envisioned. def have to get watching the eps.
SOON.

meanwhile no more spammin! time to get back to helping the poor ignorant things who think they're miserable NOW....

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
When are they getting to the fireworks factory?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The show needs more Lafayette.

CaptainWacky

I actually thought the Tara scenes were pretty good.

Don't care about the vampire politics stuff and I don't want to be all "Buffy did it better" but Buffy did the "killing annoying kid vampire" thing already...AND BETTER.

Sookie is a drunken SLUT FAIRY?? I LUV IT!! ;) I was never more proud of Sookie. That's right Sookie, you get shit faced drunk & do that HOT werewolf STUD!!

5923.imgcache.jpg

After you are done with him Sook, I am up for sloppy seconds! ;)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I agree WACKY. Tara the vampire is an improvement for her character.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Defo, she finally has a reason to be grouchy all the time.

I love all the Pam stuff too, so Tara's scenes are now some of my favourite from each episode!

The kid getting staked wasn't particularly shocking since it was signposted so much, but what got me was seeing thingy's dead parents. They didn't deserve that. Surely Jessica didn't do it?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Whose dead parents? I totally spaced on whatever you're talking about, lol.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Alcide's ex's parents. It was a bit blink and you'll miss it (so maybe I misinterpreted it), but I think Jason discovered them dead?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oh, I don't think Debbie Pelt's parents are dead. You're probably thinking of Sam's shifter friends.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Ooooooooooh. That would make sense because I wasn't paying any attention to that storyline.

Also, the one with Terry felt really out of place. I preferred not knowing what had left him so messed up. Instead we got a scene that I feel like I've seen a million times before, not least in that show Eric was in about soldiers in Iraq. And it just seems a bit cheap to use a real life war in a show that also has fairies and werewolves.

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Hey, not every show can reach the dizzying heights that your beloved SGU did. Just let it go, man.

True Blood is almost as bad as SGU.

Alan Ball must intentionally create absolute garbage for this show. We know that he's capable of substantially better, as proven by Six Feet Under and American Beauty. My theory? He's trolling his audience. :shrug:

CaptainWacky

Apparently he hates Eric and loves Bill...according to crazy fans on the internet.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Terry's story line is probably going to involve a pissed off ghost or something. I agree that it doesn't really seem necessary.