True Blood "Timebomb"

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I didn't think this week could top last week's.

BUT IT FUCKING DID.

I'll post more later, but so far, this one had some killer lines.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Good, action-packed ep.

A couple of cheap cliffhanger devices were used again, and will be next week too apparently. These are wearing thin on me.

I dunno, it feels like Alan Ball is having trouble seesawing between telling the story with wit and a dash of irony, and telling an earnest, melodramatic fantasy story. Maybe I'm just too used to the Joss Whedon touch or something. But Ball has that too, as Six Feet Under showed. Then again, that show wasn't afraid of the melodramatic either. Hmm...

Still, some great scenes. And it passes the "HBO test" by showing things on television that I have definitely not seen before (Maryann's kitchen activities for one).

I'M WITH YOU GUYS OKAY, I AM, I JUST HAVE SOME RESERVATIONS SOMETIMES DON'T HATE ME.

Tisiphone

You know, you think people would stop calling Sookie a whore in front of Jason...

THEY JUST NEVER LEARN.

"And next time, I won't bring no fucking paint gun!"

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
*rubs hands in glee*

my neighbour has got her life in order again and we will get "back to normal" tomorrow - starting with doubles til we get caught up.
whoot!

Tisiphone

*does the happy dance for curiousa!!*

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Great show! It's getting farther and farther away from the books, which is fine by me. Gives us more of some great characters.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
works for me cuz now i get to enjoy the books as I have all along and then have the characters having adventures that surprise me!
very very glad Lafayette is still alive, for example!!!

pssst...have we met any werewolves yet?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
No, to the question in the spoiler. They resolved the Godric thing completely differently than in the book.

DR PHLOX SODOMIZED A PINE TREE!

Tisiphone

Bad doctor!!!

Tisiphone

^^Oh yeah.....

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Must watch tonight!!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I was glad Phlox finally got a line again, and it was a funny one.

Sookie was better in this episode. I liked the "that doesn't even make any sense!" line after the preacher was going on about the thirty pieces of silver. And when she stood up to Bill's maker (she looked hotter than Jessica this week too.)

TOLD YOU JESSICA AND HYOT WOULD SUFFER SOME PAIN, DIDN'T I

The MaryAnn stuff continues to bore the piss out of me. Surely Bill can just kill her once Sookie finds out what she's up to (since she can't control vampires.)

So was Godric with the church by choice? I didn't really get that part. I got that he's a pacifist now and wants vampires to stop being such jerks, but was he just going to let them kill him?

The cliffhanger's a bit dumb since OBVIOULSY all the main characters AREN'T going to be blown up so the bomb will probably short out or Jason will eat it or something.

I agree with what Eggs is saying about the tone. Buffy managed to switch from the comedy to the dramatic with greater ease. MAYBE NEXT SEASON THEY'LL WORK IT OUT.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
BY HANDING IT OVER TO JOSS WHEDON lolno

Tisiphone

I was rewatching with a friend last night, and I noticed Godric gave Jason the once over.

NOW THAT WOULD BE HOT!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Is that an actual season three spoiler or just something that happens in the books which probably won't happen in the tv show?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Book spoilers

In the book Godric wanted to die (and he did), Sookie was rescued by werewolves, and Bill's maker chick wasn't even in the picture. Eric and Sookie put a stop to Maryann's shenanigans.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I'm so pissed, the version I illegally downloaded ("stole" is probably the right word) was corrupted! So I had to d/l it again last night, and now I won't get to watch until tonight...maybe. What's the world coming to?