Virginia 15
Washington 16
West Virginia 16
Wisconsin 18
Wyoming 16
Puerto Rico 18

FOOTNOTES:

[1]Age 16 if the man is 21 or older.
[2]If the female is over 12, the status applies only to virgins.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
I always thought the age in Illinois was 18

Where did you get this information? Not that it matters, but inquiring minds would like to know!

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
I can't help but wonder what legislators were doing 15 and 16 year old's when they came up with these ages.

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
Idaho and Hawaii seem very interesting to me.

Daystrom

m'frstthotontconinthesack
In mississippi the legal age of consent is actually 12 but only with parental permission, and 16 without it. Trip that shit.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
They would.

Well sure. Idaho's got your neo nazi skinhead movement and Hawaii's got your meth. Either one of those two things and 14yr old gilrfriend - You've got yourself a white trash starter kit.

Time to build a muscle car, drink a 40 and shoot some guns.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
To give you a comparism with a different part of the planet with a similar social and economical situation:
in Germany it's 14, provided the partner is under age as well. If one partner is of age, the other must be at least 16.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
They made themselves easy targets for the law?? Rather a stupid little fellow, aren't you?

I'm going to explain this to you once and only once you halfwit simpleton. A legislator that would draft and vote for a law making the legal age of consent 15 WHILE he's doing a 15 year old would be in his own best interest AND not as a means to make themselves an 'easy' target. Now, you're rather a stupid little fellow, aren't you?

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
I'm going to explain this to you once and only once you halfwit simpleton. A legislator that would draft and vote for a law making the legal age of consent 15 WHILE he's doing a 15 year old would be in his own best interest AND not as a means to make themselves an 'easy' target. Now, you're rather a stupid little fellow, aren't you?
While I wholeheartedly agree with your general estimation of SL's mental state, I must admit that he does have a point insofar as suggesting such a law would really make the politician an easy target for his opponents if it became known that he had acted primarily in his own interest. Not that such a thing was unheard of - on the contrary, politicians' selfishness is almost proverbial all over the world - but it'd effectively be "feeding the trolls".
If I were in such a situation, I'd manipulate someone else into suggesting that law so that I could keep a clean vest in public.

Last edited:

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
While I wholeheartedly agree with your general estimation of SL's mental state, I must admit that he does have a point insofar as suggesting such a law would really make the politician an easy target for his opponents if it became known that he had acted primarily in his own interest.

Granted, but we are talking about states within the US. And as such, the only reasons politicians in this country do act is in their own self interests.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
indeed, but does that mean they won't get attacked by their opponents? Does it leave them invulnerable to these attacks? Don't they have to be careful to at least give the impression of decency?

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
indeed, but does that mean they won't get attacked by their opponents? Does it leave them invulnerable to these attacks? Don't they have to be careful to at least give the impression of decency?

Yes, but you you have to realize that most of these laws were put on the books a very long time ago when the country was a different place.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs

Well, considering how many in the last decade have been tagged for tax evasion, infidelity, pedophilia and other assorted crimes, no.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Why anyone would want to sleep with anyone under 30 is beyond me in any case.