V and Chuck renewed, Flashforward (and probably Heroes) cancelled

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I haven't seen season three of Chuck yet but if it's up to the standard of the first two then it definitely deserves to be renewed.

Flashforward being cancelled isn't really a surprise at all. It has improved lately but it was just too stupid to go on for more than one season.

V being renewed is a shock considering the ratins were in the toilet (SAUSAGEMAN made a graph!) and the quality has been up and down. Maybe there's one network executive who really wants to sleep with Morena Baccarin and Elizabeth Mitchell. I'll watch season two anyway.

Heroes seems like it's finished and really unless they totaly changes the cast and writing crew then it's for the best. They can just wait a few years and launch a whole new super hero show.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Good news all round IMO! Trashforward and Heroes deserved to go, but I enjoy V despite its failings and look forward to seeing where it's going, so I'm glad it's being renewed.

CaptainWacky

JUST WAITING TO HEAR DOLLHOUSE'S FATE NOW...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
NBC already has a new superhero show in the works called The Cape. I'M SURE IT WILL BE AWESOME AND NOT SUCK AT ALL.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Mercy was canceled :(

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
All evidence from the past 2 years suggests otherwise.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
ALSO, NBC canceled L&O (we discussed it inna chat) BUT they're not giving up on the boring and tired L&O, NO WAY. Now there will be... dun dun duuuuuuunnnnnnn... Law and Order: Los Angeles. AS IF, we need another bad show set in LA.

CaptainWacky

Michelle could be good in Chuck, actually, with her comic timing.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Scrubs is also gone... *crickets chirp*

L&O:LA? I hate shows set in LA!!!

Dr Dave

pillzlol
ALSO, NBC canceled L&O (we discussed it inna chat) BUT they're not giving up on the boring and tired L&O, NO WAY. Now there will be... dun dun duuuuuuunnnnnnn... Law and Order: Los Angeles. AS IF, we need another bad show set in LA.

Please tell me you are kidding?

Can't they just be happy with like two L&O series running (SVU and CI)?

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I never did like that show. I did not find it funny.

It was funny up until this last season. They should have just ended with the janitor's wedding in Hawaii or let it die when NBC cancelled it. No need for almost a whole new cast after 7 seasons. The new interns and med students were not funny.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
It was more a show that was trying to be funny and quirky and failed.

At least it gave Becky #2 from Rosanne a job for a while.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Starting L&O/LA while canceling L&O/NY is a total slap in the face to New York.

If I watched any NBC shows, I would boycott them. I'd illegally download the episodes, and then boycott the files.

Jeff Zucker is a Conan-hating, New York-hating Joo bastard. Fuck him.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
I really don't get some of their business decisions. They cancel one L&O (which granted had slipped in the ratings a lot) to replace it with another L&O series?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They should just let L&O die peacefully.