WACKY!!! MENTY!!!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I FINALLY SAW EP III YESTERDAY!!!

The first half was basically one big donkey teabagging, but toward the 2nd half when Lucas remembered that he had to put the toys down and start tying the movie into Episode 4, it got more interesting.

It's a pity he didn't film them in order back then, because now when I saw baby Luke getting dropped off at his (muggle) aunt & uncle's it all looked like a big Harry Potter ripoff.

I'm no more of a fan now, but I'm glad I saw it. It was definietly better than the other 2, which unfortunately isn't saying much coming from me...

...BUT I SAW TEH MOOVIEEEE OMG!!!!naboo

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
^^You agree that Natalie Portman and Hayden Christiansen's acting was corny and way over dramatic don't you?

Let me tell you the God's honest truth...I fell asleep until the last like 15-20 minutes.

Which reminds me, DO NOT see 'Rumor Has It'. It was so boring that my friend (who normally loves any and all movies) and I left after about an hour and a half. What a stinker.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
HIYA, SCHWEETHEART!!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Natalie actually had some interesting stuff to do this time. But Hayden was a big block of cheese with bad hair. I bet when George is alone, he hits himself repeatedly in the forehead for having ever cast him.

I skipped Rumor Has It, the chick flick that my family dragged me to during the holidays was The Family Stone, which was uneven but definitely interesting, for the cast alone.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
LG met the makeup artist for Family Stone on an airplane!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Oooo! How much did Sarah Jessica look like a heroin addict? And how much of Diane's face is pulled up in a bun in the back of her head? :D

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
DON'T TELL MY STORIES BDM! DAMN YOU! I'M NOT THAT INTERESTING AND YOU'RE STEALING MY MATERIAL!!!!!!!!!!

Eh-hem...I met him when he was on his way to do the movie, it was last summer. Why he was flying into Newark I don't know but he was the nicest guy in the world. He offered me half of his turkey sandwich and even offered to buy me a beer. I don't eat on airplanes and I don't drink beer but how sweet was he? His name was David and for as long as I live I'll never forget him. You know, you meet the nicest people on airplanes.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Great, you saw it!!

Shame it didn't blow you away quite as much it did me, but you're certainly not in the minority. For me, well.. I could rave about it all day.

You HAVE to admit that Lucas handled the scouring of the Jedi (the order 66 stuff) with sublime care and ability. That really was a moving sequence and worked perfectly.

And the final dual... Well, it didn't dissapoint, did it?

I loved the whole fucking thing from start to finsih bar the terible lovey dovey talk between Anakin and Padme.

Ian Mcdiarmid was a delight and stole the show for me. I feel blessed that the PT is something special to me with so much dissapointment among fans, yes those who know what they're talking about as well.

I feel for George (though not that much since he probably has a swimming pool full of money) because he made these movies that FOR ME are flawed masterpieces but he made them all the same and I respect what he has done. Making very stylish films that are universially trashed. :D

Glad you didn't hate it at any rate.

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
The part when the scarey old guy says, "Lord Vadar, rise" just plain scared me. It still freaks me out when they play it in the commercial for the DVD but that was the only good part well and the fight scene, that was cool.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
The part when the scarey old guy says

That's why I love you (one of the reasons) calling Palpatine/Sidious 'the scary old dude' just goes to show how completely too seriously we all take this stuff when you could care less.

:bigass:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Natalie's "your'e breaking my heart" line was good but most of her best stuff is on the deleted scenes on the DVD.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The Order 66 sequence reminded me of The Godfather, when Michael has all the other heads of the 5 families rubbed out during his nephew's baptism.

The final transformation of Annakin to Vader was pretty good, but my hatred of Hayden almost ruined it. He really was in over his head in these movies...Ewan blew me away though, he was able to take it completely seriously and still retain some charm and a sense of humor, which is what I thought the last 3 movies lacked in general. Ewan rocks my socks.

CaptainWacky

They should have morphed Ewan's face into Alec Guiness's at the end.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
They also should have let Professor McGonagle accompany Obi Wan to Tatooine. And have Hagrid ride in on his motorbike.

CaptainWacky

OMG Watto got screwed.