Wacky wish list

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Since Hambil considers Wacky a God and is bound by doing whatever he tells him (I don't get it either) I thought this might be the best route to get some things fixed.

First of all while it may be common practice to flame Hambil for some of the changes he makes lets be honest in that nobody bitches about the good stuff he does.

I'm talking about:

Massively better arcade that he has put a great deal of work in to.

Chat

Video Directory (not used much but still a great little mod)

vBSportsBet (that he added upon my request and is even going to improve upon. )

Moods (another nice add)

Improved icons in the post reply box (not important but nice visual add)

And a lot of other stuff he has done that nobody complains about because it really has made the board better.

BUT

There are things that gets on peoples tits.

Anything that stretches pages or adds unsightly or cutesy graphics for no added value is really not neccessary. The badges and post icons definitley fall in to this category.

It's also annoying when a mod is added and then taken away two minutes later. A bit of stability is nice.

I like things to work a certain way and not have them change constantly. Upgrading is fine but when things are in a constant state of flux that you have no control over it gets wearing.

This is what I'd like to see and I'm hoping that Wacky or Hambil's messiah as he is now known can sign off on these and then it will have to be done!

Remove the icons under the user names. They're big and ugly and add uneeded clutter.

Restore the Youtube tags mod that let you post widescreen and HD/HQ Youtube videos. Keep the other mod that let you post from other sites but since Youtube is the place where 99.9% of posted videos come from it's nice to have the widescreen and HQ option.

Bring back the image scaling mod. Nuff said.

Make it a point not to add clutter to our avatar profiles unless it's worth it and have maybe a bit more active discussion on mods before they're installed.

That's about it for now.

Hambil has improved the board a great deal and I for one am thankful for the huge amount of effort he has put in to making this a top board with all the latest bells and whistles. It's just annoying as sin when things go beyond the scope of neccesary and don't do anything but annoy most of the membership.

So I'm going straight to the top and asking your God to make you see reason.

Perfectly logical.

What says you Wacky? Approved?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
My name is CaptainWacky and I approve this message. :techman:

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Using a dead man's smiley, eh?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Amen.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OH and I'd like to add a suggestion, pls kthnx.

Can we get some interesting things to go along with the karma? I don't know what it's called but when you hover over someone's karma it used to say funny things, now it's the standard stuff that almost every forum with karma has. We could have a contest or something SILLY like that.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
and have maybe a bit more active discussion on mods before they're installed.

Yes yes yes yes yes.

Instead of seeing a new mod, going "OH I MUST INSTALL THAT!!!!!!", and then uninstalling it a day later after everyone says how bad it is - ask the board whether we want the mod before you install it. It would save a lot of uneeded hassle.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I like the lower navigation links. Since I inevitably arrive at the bottom of the page it's a handy link.

But I don't like these overly colourful buttons on the quick reply, or the admin/supermod/member things. Wacky's profile says he's a supermod twice and he has the coloured name. I get it. He's a mod.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Remember those old bits on the Index page like, "The biggest thread-killer is CaptainWacky"?

I liked those. Somebody remember what they all were, and then suggest they be restored. Yeah.

CaptainWacky

I'M THE MODERATOR OF YOUR HEART.

CaptainWacky

The new search is really fast!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Live search? I was wondering what that was for, lol.

CaptainWacky

And the old search is still there so you can't complain about not liking the newone.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I hardly ever use the search, I CAN COMPLAIN IF I WANT TO :rwmad:

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I wonder if the donate button survived long enough for anyone to make a donation?

CaptainWacky

I'm cooking an egg for the very first time!

Love Child

One Love
I wonder if it would be possible to have search enabled in the badlands again? But that is not a mod. I fail.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
The Tomtrek said:
ask the board whether we want the mod before you install it
I'm all for more transparency, and discussion, but to be honest if I asked then nothing would ever, ever get installed or changed. By the way, all those mod threads I start in QsF, and the stickied mod index thread (along with their counterparts in the admin forum) are something I've been trying to maintain for exactly that reason.

Remember those old bits on the Index page like, "The biggest thread-killer is CaptainWacky"?

I liked those. Somebody remember what they all were, and then suggest they be restored. Yeah.
That was a mod I wrote from scratch. Long dead and lost. I can re-write it though. I'm sure it would never have existed either if I'd asked for permission.

Fuddlemiff said:
I wonder if the donate button survived long enough for anyone to make a donation?
That was installed because a lot of the mods I'm working on I want to integrate with paypal donation mods. It's still installed. I can bring the donate link back in about 2 secs any time we want. Nobody donated though - they couldn't - it wasn't wired to a real paypal account.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
if I asked then nothing would ever, ever get installed or changed.

It just seems like you're saying you know what's good for us and our opinions are not worth much.

As I said in the OP I am all for a lot of the new stuff. But there is no reason not to discuss more and open up for discussion on some points like graphical changes and things that have the potential to annoy BEFORE going ahead with it.

That alone would solve us bitching about things and make us feel like we have a say in whats going on instead of flying blind and having no idea what the hell is going to happen the next time we refresh the page.

Anyway, Wacky has signed off on the changes in the OP so you have no choice now! Mwahaha!:flame: